1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor DAB signal

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by First Ever Audi, Aug 5, 2014.

1. First Ever Audi

First Ever Audi Active Member

Hi folks. Having just picked up my MY14, it seems that the DAB signal in this car isn't as good as in the MY13....any ideas how this could be? I can't seem to find any signal strength info and no way or improving the signal....the previous car dropped the signal in certain locations in Aberdeen whereas this one drops the signal in far more places.

any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. J6YAK

J6YAK Well-Known Member

I'm finding it not too bad until you get anywhere close to Bridge of Don, not much you can do about it I don't think.

First Ever Audi likes this.
  4. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Aerial's ground needs be firmly connected to car's metal work. Not sure how one can check that without taking head unit out.

5. JohnM100

JohnM100 #teamSepang
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Do you have the radio settings in MMI set with "Alternate Frequency" ticked?

If so, and you are listening to a station that also broadcasts on FM then it will roll over to that station on FM if out of DAB range. MMI then puts "(FM)" after the station name to show it has retuned.

Note to self - must also put this in the Little Surprises thread.....

John.

6. First Ever Audi

First Ever Audi Active Member

Agreed....next time I see you on North Esplanade West I will give you a toot! Your car looks stunning