1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Brakes ?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by h4pry, May 9, 2005.

1. h4pry

h4pry New Member

I have an Allroad 2.7 tdi tiptronic 2001 and I'm a little dissapointed in the brakes - they seem a bit feeble for the weight of the car.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Is there an available upgrade?

Thanks

PaulAllroad

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. i think you will find if you switch to redfstuff ceramic pads and grooved and drilled discs bought mine from www.brakes4u.co.uk you could give them ago decent price and service

4. A6QuattroDriver

I was in the same boat with my A6 2.5Tdi Quattro Auto, went down the route of different pads and disks, but whilst it was slightly better - it didn't really do it.

The answer - AP330 rotors and Porsche 996 Calipers - perfect solution, plenty of feel without over servoed though the windscreen feeling that the A4 gives you.

Good luck

5. h4pry

h4pry New Member

How much was the total set up cost?

6. Birchamj

Birchamj New Member

I've had 2 A6's, a 2.4Q sal (2000) and a 1.9tdi Avant (2004) and they both had/have relatively weak feeling brakes. However I have to say that no matter how hard I have had to brake (including looking up fom the stereo to see the back end of a tractor that had just pulled out) they have never failed to slow me down sufficiently. The feel is soft and I would love a sharper brake response but I can't justify spending the money ( can't afford it!). It would be great if Audi could sort the brake feel issue out.

Jon.

7. Fluoxetine

Fluoxetine New Member

I agree with JonAUDI - although the feel is perhaps on the weak side, they do seem to do the job when you need it.