1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Boys V Dodo and the other products i currently have...

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by S3 Paul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Active Member

I have a Noggy Blue 2001 S3 and currently use ( when working by hand ) megs gold class was, Megs clay, either dodo lime prime or Zymol cleaner wax followed by Dodo wax ( either rain forrest rub, blue velvet or purple haze)
    I also have auto brite glaze too and wolfgang sealant

I and others have been happy with the results but a fair few of the people i know are now using Poor boys Black hole and natty paste.
    Claiming "deeper ,warmer shine"
    Am i missing out?

They mostly have ( sad i know ) Blue STI subaru's
  2. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

Natty's Blue over Black Hole is a good combination but bear in mind Natty's Blue is a £14 wax; excellent, even outstanding, for the money but it is very much at the low end of the price scale.

For Nogaro Blue, which in our view suits a really 'dripping wet' look; a higher end wax will give a really outstanding finish.

Auto Finesse Soul, for £40, will look amazing: Auto Finesse Soul | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products

I'd use Auto Finesse Tripple first to cleanse the paint, mask any minor defects and give a solid base for the wax to bond to; Auto Finesse Tripple | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products

On Nogaro Blue, in my opinion, it's the best combination for under £50.

(edit: and Auto Finesse are a British company who make their products in Britain which is always nice!)

:)
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011