1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pooped myself

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dope, Jul 31, 2013.

1. dope

dope alcoholic pervert

[​IMG]

Surely this isn't normal? Only touching near the middle?

This isn't my pic but it shows exactly what my front pads look like, which I changed about three weeks ago.
  2. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Avantage

I *think (*hope) that it's because the pads have an angled edge at each side, therefore giving the impression that they are barely touching the disk........
  3. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

New pads have a smaller contact patch for a while. Dunno why, but they are chamford. I noticed that when I changed mine at hte weekend. Same for front and the rears.
  4. dope

dope alcoholic pervert

I know what you're referring to - the bevel that helps eliminate brake squeal on the leading and trailing edges.

I stopped on the way home from work because I thought I could hear an odd noise, and it looked just like that pic. But obviously by the side of the road with the wheel on I could only see from one angle.

I'm hoping if I pop a wheel off and look into the gap that it'll be the bevel making it look like they're not touching.

Both sides of the car looked to be the same.
  5. yendall24

yendall24 Member

it looks like you have a good even wear area on the disc if the pad was not touching any part of the disc it would be slightly rusty in that area
  6. deano1978

deano1978 different gear

I agree with dale above had exactly same problem (so i thought)