1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pollen filter? where is it SB 140

Clivesportback May 21, 2009

1. Clivesportback

Clivesportback Member

Hi, i have a smell in the car (engine smell) and someone has said have a look at the pollen filter to see if it needs changing? but i cant seem to find where it is?

2. frenchy2475

frenchy2475 Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Under the glovebox, there should be a thin polystyrene cover. Take that off and there is a long retangle shaped plastic cover. Take that off and pull the pollen filter out.

3. Clivesportback

Clivesportback Member

Cheers mate, just looked and its pretty dirty and grey/black :icon_thumright:

4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

They do get really really minging if they have never been changed before - did mine last year but might do it again before the warm weather starts (if we ever get any!!) - quite cheap too from Audi so it's well worth it!

5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I got one for £9 from my local car parts shop.

6. ADEY

ADEY Member

cheap and cheerful - but needs changing at least once a year!!
    why is the smell more notice-able in an Audi??

7. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

can anyone put a pic up of where the pollen filter should be? i have had the glove box out many times in the past and not noticed any covers back there :think: (ok i wasnt looking for it last time but it would save time if someone showed a dumb noob the exact place to look)

thanks

8. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

Dont think you can see it from glovebox ash i did mine a week ago, Basically poke head up under footwell and you will polystyrene kind of cover you access it from that.

9. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

Oh yea word of warning move your head out of the way when you pull it out........I didnt and i had leaves and dead bugs all on my face.

not nice.

10. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

ok cool, il have a look tonight if i can, going to get the part ordered tonight from euro car parts so should have it for tomorrow.

hahahaha!
    sorry didnt mean to laugh at your expense...

hahahahaahahahaaa