1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pollen filter type -?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Geraldy212, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

Thinking of changing the pollen filter, so went online to my parts supplier. Found out that they are offering two types of filter for the 2006 A3. One is called the pollen filter as one would expect, but the other one on offer apparently is also an activated carbon filter:unsure:. Activated carbon is used to eliminate smells and such. Both of these filters seem to be the same size. Has anyone fitted the carbon filter type? Thanks in advance.
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

have the carbon one in my car, I'm fairly sure all a3s with full climate control use this one.
  3. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

lol didnt know there were 2 diff types,i replaced mine with a genuine one from audi a while back......whats the difference ?
  4. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

VW754, according to the specs that I read, one is a straightforward pollen filter, and the other contains the activated carbon. Khufu may well be right, and we should choose the carbon version if we have full climate control fitted. Anyway, perhaps some kind person would let me have the official Audi part-number, then I can check to see which one is needed. I do have full climate control, so would be interested to fit the carbon variety.