1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polishing the chrome bits!

Alan V6 Jul 29, 2010

1. Alan V6

Alan V6 New Member

Hi guys : )

Whilst i'm not working and don't have some ££££ to spend on the V6 i'm doing little bits on the car that don't cost much or nothing at all..sorting sqeeky brakes...cleaning the engine bay and boot shuts inc declogging the drain holes under the battery and servo:tapedshut:

Anyway..i'm going to take off the chrome surrounds from my windows and give them a good polish as they are looking a bit faded etc. Has anyone done this? If so what did you find best to use? At the moment i'm thinking of Autosol Metal polish, Halfords chrome cleaner or some sort of Wadding for silver etc?

Thanks in advance

2. millsy

millsy Member

you could save a lot of polishing and just 'ditch' the chrome!!its down to personal taste mind,but i believe chrome looks very outdated on the a4.
    i would recomend leaving trim on the car to polish them,as it you have something solid to force(polish) against. autosol should do the trick,all depends how faded they are.plenty of elbow grease and even a bit of wire wool and you'll be gleaming

3. Alan V6

Alan V6 New Member

Well i think it looks quite smart mate as my car is silver with silver 18" reps :)

I've tried to use Autosol but it seems to have a 'Coating' over the chrome and it has discoloured under the coating so i don't think i can do anything mate anyway :(