polished rims

johnyj

Reaction score
any good products out there for polished rims salt is nearly hear and i havent got any replacements to stick on
i have tried mcguires wheel polish but no good

I had stuff called ACF50. awesome stuff! i got it from mandp.co.uk, not sure where else to get it, Try it, its wicked!!

josh

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant; worth it's weight in gold, easy to use and offers a decent level of protection if applied every 6-8 weeks. :)

Sometimes I think some products are utterly unnecessary unless you are actually planning on preping your car for some kind of show...

The image below is of the wheels that were on my last car, standard TSW Apex alloys. At the point the picture was taken they had been on the car for at least 4 years, whatever the weather or conditions. All they ever had applied was a bit of elbow grease and car body polish!

PolishedWheel.jpg

The eagle eyed will notice I missed a tiny bit though, which was at the top of the wheel when the car was in the wash bay. I'm not that obsessive to start faffing around with it as I only noticed once I'd polished the car!

Shades said:
Sometimes I think some products are utterly unnecessary unless you are actually planning on preping your car for some kind of show...

The image below is of the wheels that were on my last car, standard TSW Apex alloys. At the point the picture was taken they had been on the car for at least 4 years, whatever the weather or conditions. All they ever had applied was a bit of elbow grease and car body polish!

The eagle eyed will notice I missed a tiny bit though, which was at the top of the wheel when the car was in the wash bay. I'm not that obsessive to start faffing around with it as I only noticed once I'd polished the car!

Punto with Abarth skirts??

Yes but this guy was asking advice on polished wheels which are dirrerent as the metal doesnt have the protection of a painted wheel and the salt and sh*t on these winter roads will just eat through them if not protected!

josh

thanks for the advise what about if the wheels have started to pit anything i can use mcguires stuff works but much elbow is included

Aye, if the polished parts are lacquered then a refurb is the only option. But, if they are polished with no lacquer then a strong metal polish like Blackfire Heavy Cut Compound will generally do wonders, followed by a fine finishing polish like Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh to maximise gloss and the shine. :icon_thumright:

how can you tell if there laqured, there rough to the touch and its only the rear thats gone
they have just been refurbed about 3 months ago
when you elbow grease the mcguires metal polish they come up ok but not as new
do u still think refurb?