Polished Bliss Car Care Guides

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Whilst we have strived to make the product descriptions and how to guides on our site as comprehensive as possible, we realise that car care is a broad subject and that we won't have covered everything in as much detail as some would like. Therefore, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch - we are here to help.

Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques

plus...

How to wash and dry your car safely and effectively

How to clean your paint in preparation for polishing or protection

How to safely polish your paint by hand or machine

How to choose and apply wax or sealant protection

How to maintain the appearance of your car between washes

How to safely clean and protect the interior of your car

How to safely clean and protect your wheels

How to safely clean and protect your engine bay

:)

Reactions: IRH77 and First Ever Audi
Saw this thread had no replies. What a shame because loads of people have used these guides to evaluate their routines and to inform them of their next steps, purchases, overdraft etc!!!!

I'd like to be the first to reply to this thread properly by saying that when I think of these guides I can tell you exactly what the weather was like and what time of year it was and so on. They had a big impact on my car care routine and bank balance into the bargain. All worth it though as I'm now extremely able to look after my dark coloured A4 when lots of people are put off dark colours because they require a wee bit more TLC. It also helps to keep the healthy debate going on in this and indeed several other forums.

It is fair to say also that these guides inspired me to develop this detailing thing hobby. It gets me out of the house, gets me learning, gets me more fresh air and has also gotten me a few burnt heads into the bargain. My wee boy has been able to name almost every car on the road for the last six months now and he's just turned 4. In due course I'm sure I'll find out whether this aspect is pure knowledge, or some form of Autism - with all due respect. That's a lot of influence for some bits of online guiding!

The Porter Cable has been hailed by many to be one of the biggest influences and transformations on worldwide detailing. I'd like to add that, certainly on the UK front, Polished Bliss' Car Care Guides are up there with the PC influence. We will all look back in years to come and be able to say that these guides got us started. That's influence.PB are obviously in the business to make money but they are genuinely out there to allow others to learn and develop from their experience.

So Richard, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for these guides.:respekt:

Reactions: Cairngorm and Babszee
My pleasure, and thanks so much for the warm words. Your are bang on the money, as always lol! We are out to make money and grow (we have three wage bills to cover now, and the missus wants a bigger house!), but at the same time we are enthusiasts through and through, and the least we can do is share our knowledge and findings with other like-minded people. When we started PB we had a simple ethic in mind; provide a service that we would be happy to be on the receiving end of. This is still our underlying ethic, and one that we are proud of. :)

Reactions: Babszee
being a noob to all of this ive found this info"links dont work now but found the areas on your site" amazing :) ive always thought i kept a clean car till reading/seeing the results that you, Jimmeh and N8 achieve with knowedge and hard work, i'll defo be looking at washing my car with a different eye from now on :) and buying some stuff when money allows:) great work by all 3 of you guys" not being predijustice" they the only reports/threads ive read fully so far.

The PB guides are superb. I used them when I first started to look into buying a Porter Cable from the USA quite a number of years ago.

The best part, is the ongoing knowledge PB provide. It is not a 2004 thread that is just basics, they update their products to keep with the times and movements within the detailing world (excuse the punn for DW).

Sorry chaps; I did ask the mods to sticky a new thread with new links a little while ago (when our new site launched), but no joy to date. I'll nag the mods by pm. Also, many thanks for the kind words above - much appreciated...

--- 17/03/10 : New Links ---

Whilst we have strived to make the product descriptions and how to guides on our site as comprehensive as possible, we realise that car care is a broad subject and that we won't have covered everything in as much detail as some would like. Therefore, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch - we are here to help.

Safe washing and drying

Decontaminating paint

What does polishing do?

What polish should I use?

Choosing paint protection

Quick detailing - the facts

Caring for wheels and tyres

Caring for modern engines

Caring for interior surfaces

:sm4:

Last edited:
The PB guides are superb. I used them when I first started to look into buying a Porter Cable from the USA quite a number of years ago.

The best part, is the ongoing knowledge PB provide. It is not a 2004 thread that is just basics, they update their products to keep with the times and movements within the detailing world (excuse the punn for DW).

What did you clean your car with. It looks awesome,

Regards

Babszee