1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polished Bliss: Black Renault Megane R26

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by WX51TXR, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. WX51TXR
    Offline

    WX51TXR Polished Bliss

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2005
    Messages:
    1,452
    Likes Received:
    0
    The first one done this week by Clark...

    ---

    Just a protection detail for this write up, but i had my work cut out on it due to it arriving in a pretty manky state:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Wheels hadnt been cleaned for a good while!.....

    [​IMG]

    So, i got going as the owner was picking the car up at half 4-ish and i knew the wheels would take a while to get spot on. I started them first, giving the arches a good blast out too with the Karcher while i got the loose dirt off the wheels to begin with. I sprayed the arches and tyres with Meguiars Super Degreaser and agitated with a brush, then cleaned the wheels with Meguiars Wheel Brightener (4:1). This got all the dirt off eventually but there was alot of tar spots so Autosmarts Tardis was used after the WB. I spent around an hour and a half on the wheels alone!

    The car was then foamed with a strong solution of Meguiars APC and left for 5mins:

    [​IMG]

    It was then foamed again, then rinsed at high pressure before being washed with the 2BM and Meguiars Shampoo Plus. Autosmarts Tardis followed up for the lower halfs. Meguiars Super Degreaser was used on the front end as there were ALOT of dead bugs still stuck to the paint after the wash, this car obviously gets driven as its meant to with little washing in between! :)

    I then clayed all paint and glass with Meguiars Mild Detailing Clay and neat Last Touch so as to avoid marring the paint (no polishing on this detail remember), there was alot of dirt pulled off the paint although it still wouldnt budge all the bug stains from the front, so i decided to use a chemical cleaner once the car was inside.

    I dried off the car with a Waffle Weave towel, then gave it a final blast with the leaf blower to get all the panel gaps and recesses free of water, it would have taken an age to dry with the leaf blower as usual as the water was sticking to the car due to no protection left on the paint at all.

    Once inside, i set about removing the bug stains from the front end, using Jeffs Werkstatt Prime Strong:

    [​IMG]

    This was worked with firm pressure with the polishing side of a german applicator pad:

    [​IMG]

    This resulted in a 95% improvement, however there were some etching into the paint that would need a fairly aggressive polish or even wet sanding to fully remove, this was explained to the owner when he collected the car and he was happy as he said some of the etching had been there since he got it :)

    A nice change of LSP for this detail too, as the owner wanted the Blackfire treatment, first up was the Wet Diamond Sealant:

    [​IMG]

    This was applied with the red side of a German applicator and left to cure:

    [​IMG]

    While it was curing i sealed the wheels with Poorboys Wheel Sealant:

    [​IMG]

    Next up was Blackfire's new wax - Midnight Sun:

    [​IMG]

    Early impressions of this wax are very good, the finish isnt a million miles away from the likes of Vintage although it lacks the vibrancy that Vintage gives in direct sunlight, durability should be pretty good too :icon_thumright:

    The wax was applied to the whole car and left for a bit while i did the last few jobs.

    Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel was used for the tyres:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    And Meguiars All Season Dressing was applied to the arch liners (no need for jacking the car up this time as the arches are huge!):

    [​IMG]

    Exhausts were polished with Meguiars NXT Metal Polish:

    Before:

    [​IMG]

    After:

    [​IMG]

    Glass was done with Meguiars Class Cleaner Concentrate.

    The interior was also done but no pics as i couldnt be bothered due to lack of time and to be honest it wasnt even that bad :)

    Afters, i now have a tri-pod for the camera so pics are slightly sharper now :icon_thumright: :)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    7 1/2 hours work in total for this one :)

    We're now fast approaching an 8 month waiting list so there's plenty more write up's to come, as always - thanks for looking. :icon_thumright:
    #1
  2. 347
    Offline

    347 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2006
    Messages:
    265
    Likes Received:
    0
    urgh ugly car but im sure it motors and each to there own
    nice work , and that new wax looks good
    question , why is sealent used before the wax , thought it would go after
    #2
  3. mitch78
    Offline

    mitch78 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2007
    Messages:
    2,345
    Likes Received:
    0
    :thumbsup:
    #3
  4. jojo
    Offline

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    25,920
    Likes Received:
    29
    They are an optional extra!
    #4
  5. JamS3
    Offline

    JamS3 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    Messages:
    2,257
    Likes Received:
    0
    Always like looking at these details, excellent work!!

    8 month waiting list!
    #5
  6. mitch78
    Offline

    mitch78 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2007
    Messages:
    2,345
    Likes Received:
    0
    :thumbsup:
    #6
  7. WX51TXR
    Offline

    WX51TXR Polished Bliss

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2005
    Messages:
    1,452
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nope, always waxes over sealants, not the other way around! Have a read through this guide for the reasons why...

    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_protect.html

    :)
    #7

Share This Page