1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polish/pad combo for minor correction work?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Sparkie, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Member

Can anyone advise me if I'm sufficiently well equipped for some minor correction work on an Audi S3.

I have a DA with megs 80, 83 polish and megs cutting, polishing and finishing pads. So can I get by with this or will it be too hard going?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Yes Those product's will help do only very minor swirls ..

4. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

I've used the 83 with a polishing pad on mine, theres not really enough cut with that combination to fully correct the swirls. I'd imagine the cutting pad and 83 would do the job though.

5. Sparkie

Sparkie Member

I suspected it would be hard work. Any recommended good combinations using other pads and polishes, I don't mind making a wee purchase?

Cheers

6. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

7. Sparkie

Sparkie Member

Thanks but I'd appreciate any recommendations for polish or pad combinations that have brought people success at correction work without overdue stress.

Maybe megs 105 polish on a cutting pad (or can I go too abrasive) followed by 205 to finish?

8. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Audi S3 Audi RS3

I've never used Meguiar's polishes, I tend to use Menzerna however I have heard good things about Meguiar's #105 and #205 polishes.

Meguiar's #105 with a light cutting pad followed by Meguiar's #205 with a finishing pad should work well.

I tend to use Menzerna polish, so I would use Menzerna RD3.02 on a Lake Country light cutting pad (orange) followed by Menzerna 85RE on a Lake Country finishing pad (green).