Polish and Glow, Manchester

Dtwm1

Reaction score
Like many of us this time of year our pride and joys are looking a little worse for wear with all this rain we've been having and probably like most of I CBA to go outside and get wet washing it. I'd heard about Polish and Glow from the events they hold and had been checking them out on instagram/snapchat etc. My RS3 had a few coats of AF tough coat when I purchased it in November and will being getting a full detail in spring after the worse of the bad weather has passed to get it up to scratch and to correct some dealer inflicted swirl marks.

I took the RS down yesterday and was honestly blown away. There was a brand new McLaren 570s along with other super cars inside, mine was behind a Maserati. The owner was extremely knowledgeable as were the rest of the staff. They used the 2 bucket method with fresh water, wool mitts and dried with clean drying towels. The have a cafe inside where I have given free tea/coffee (proper coffee too) which is a different from the usual hand car wash.

It was £20 for a mini valet that included a coat of wax (Collinite I think), the car was spotless and thoroughly checked over with what can only be described as a light sabre by a manager to make sure it was up to standard. I would have no hesitation taking my car back there or recommending it. Its in a great location just off Deansgate sort of behind the Hilton.

Reactions: JORDAN_D
Heard about these also and will definitely be giving them a try. I thought £20 was a bit too steep when I first heard the price but they don't seem like your average drive in wash place.

They look awesome. Definitely need to take my new car when it comes!

I'm thinking of taking mine did you need an appointment? How long did it take? Thanks :)

No appointment mate just turn up (for the wash that is. I'd imagine a major detail you may need an appointment) took around 30-40 minutes which is a bit longer than usual but it's worth it in my opinion. Took mine for the first time about 3 weeks ago and cannot fault them. Car is still beading really well from the product they used on the basic wash service

No appointment mate just turn up (for the wash that is. I'd imagine a major detail you may need an appointment) took around 30-40 minutes which is a bit longer than usual but it's worth it in my opinion. Took mine for the first time about 3 weeks ago and cannot fault them. Car is still beading really well from the product they used on the basic wash service

How much was it £20? Is that for the inside too? Really tempted to get this done tomorrow :)

£20 yes mate. Inside aswell. My interior was spotless already so I missed out there. They were ded busy at the time I was there so it put me off asking them what products they used but I will definitely be going back in the better weather. They took real care when washing it, none of that 100 mile an hour-never rinsing the wash pad just to get you in and out stuff.

£20 yes mate. Inside aswell. My interior was spotless already so I missed out there. They were ded busy at the time I was there so it put me off asking them what products they used but I will definitely be going back in the better weather. They took real care when washing it, none of that 100 mile an hour-never rinsing the wash pad just to get you in and out stuff.

Yeah my interior is ok the car's only 4 weeks old I've cleaned the outside a few times myself but want some proper protection rather than the fast wax I've been using. I seen this place on Instagram and thought I'd have a look on here to see if it got mentioned :) I've decided I'll pop down tomorrow. You've put my mind at ease about it now I'm quite particular with hand car washes.

I am myself mate that's how I found out about these. they will no doubt have some car eye candy to look at while your waiting. Drop in on here and let us know how it went. I meant to put a review up myself ages ago on this thread.

I am myself mate that's how I found out about these. they will no doubt have some car eye candy to look at while your waiting. Drop in on here and let us know how it went. I meant to put a review up myself ages ago on this thread.

I will do thanks mate. Looking on there Instagram and there's some amazing cars!!

So just a quick update with some pictures. I took the car today and they did a great job! So much so I went back an hour later with a friend who had this done.

It consisted of a hand wash (two bucket method) dried and then polished. The inside was also cleaned including all the windows and it was done to a very high quality. If your based in the Manchester area I'd highly recommend it. Also there was plenty of eye candy (cars) to look at :D

8EupeCD.jpg

XQdjQEc.jpg

3b9MfkS.jpg

Reactions: Sandra
Shout out for this place too. Visited on Saturday and my car came out looking better than it did when it came out of the dealership new last week. I had the hand polish finish and they spent well over an hour with my car. Unfortunately he found some imperfections in the original paintwork but he had to use a lamp for me to see them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_130804.resized.jpg
    IMG_20170527_130804.resized.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 516