Policing the car forums???

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Since we had the new classified section, there are increasing number of ads in the general car model forums. Any chance these can be policed better and people encouraged/told to use the classifieds as happens on other forums?

Jason - the mods are trying to keep up with issues like this. Most of my time on here now is spent trying to sort out the foul language - (which I'm getting sick of) anyway - thanks for highlighting this. In future if you can use the notify the admin/mod team button that would be a great help.

Thanks
Paul

Im not too sure on the new ad's system, im just a casual browser and if i see something i like i will buy it, can we get all car parts into one section, one for wanted, and one cars for sale.

would make it easier than trawling through all the different sections one after the other

do you mean ads appearing on the forum and not the classifieds, or just in the wrong section of the classifieds ?

Claudefrog, I've sectioned it all out as its easier to navigate. If your looking for wheels, they will all be in one section, which is better than having to trawl through ads that arent relevant

Hi Olly, I meant ads being posted in the A3 8L section. There have been few along the lines of 'I don't like the new classifieds so I've posted it here'. I know the original for sale section had a post restriction on it to prevent people just posting ads without being full members. This doesn't work if there are ads in the model specific forums.

I also agree with claudefrog - I liked having everything for sale in one section. I'm the sort of person who is always 'looking for a bargain', so whilst I might not specifically need another set of alloys, if some interesting ones come up for sale, I'd probably buy them. It was easy to read the old for sale section and see everything that was currently for sale whereas now you have to go into each section. TBH I don't bother anymore as it is too much hassle.

I did have a look through a couple of pages of the S3 section last night. To be honest I could only see one post where someone was trying to sell something (wheels IIRC) (which I deleted) unless one of the other mods had already removed them. I'll keep an eye on them.

Olly - how much of a faff on would it be to create another section with all of the ads in (like duplicates) so if you wanted to trawl through all of the ads you could.

I do see the need for having specific sections, but to be honest I used to look through them all myself - looking for something I didnt even need :think: - just a thought.

r88per said:
Jason - the mods are trying to keep up with issues like this. Most of my time on here now is spent trying to sort out the foul language - (which I'm getting sick of) anyway - thanks for highlighting this. In future if you can use the notify the admin/mod team button that would be a great help.

Thanks
Paul
Why don't you just give them a warning then ban them ?

i have 2 words for you all - tabbed browsing.

firefox or ie7