po171 fault code

The purple dash is a bit odd but the dials should be there if you take it you will find cables to the dials. The other style panel won't fit in there. Have you checked the fuses for the rear screen and recirc?

The actual buttons are ******** mate

That looks alright. If everything else works then it's meant to be there. The ones with only buttons are climate control. Since you don't have A/C you won't have climate control.

Liking the list of mods. One day I may start modding.

Sorry didn't see the post before. Anyway of fixing it? The purple can be cured with a bit of spray paint.

That's sound with me least I now know it's the correct one , I'll just find a replacement there only 10 - 20 quid on ebay.

Yea I'm goin to spray it black then I get 5 mins to tidy it up and make it look more uniform.

Pcv breather is now on order so hopefully will get it before the weekend and I'll be able to fit it and the forge 007 , which arrived today

Cheers again bud much appreciated

Sweet be running like a dream before you know it! I fitted a turbo revs dv couple weeks ago.

I looked at a few but my cousin and most people are running the 007 hence my choice.

A mate of mine offered me a Bailey dv26 but I think there atmospheric and no good for our cars so didn't take him up on It.

Boost gauge next month just goto find a pillar pod that's a reasonable price and a nice fit

I've heard forge are good I only fitted the turbo revs because mine needed replacing and it was cheap. I'm still in 2 minds wether to get rid of the car and get a 2.0 tfsi. With all the bits that need replacing on the car I'm doing it cheap as possible

What's left for you to replace?? Have you got any plans for mods or are you not interesting in modifying?

In my 11 years of driving and riding I've had 12 cars and 6 bikes and not one of them stayed standard ...not even the Octavia tdi estate(and I hated everything about that car lol)

I think it's just in my blood and I'll never change I'll be in my 60s and still doin it , I enjoy throwing money at cars ... It the only hobby I've sustained for more than5 minutes lol

I love modifying my bike has a list of mods as long as my arm!! I started modding the A3 but with all the issues ive had with it im not sure its worth putting the money into it.

Once I've got it running sweet I may consider where to go from there. At the mo I've got the HP PAS pipe to replace which should be on monday, got to change the rear springs and shocks then do the rear discs and pads. The main bit that's holding me back from modding the car is the turbo has some play in the shaft and the LTFT is hovering between 17-20% so I believe the turbo is on its way out. everything else on the vac and intake side has been replaced that's the only bit left And I'm having trouble justifying to myself if its worth spending £500 on a turbo for a car thats done 105k.

All my other cars haven't stayed standard. If it isn't broken it has got enough gadgets is my moto :welcoming:
Here's the list of what I have done to the car:

New head unit
PCV rebuild with silicon hoses
All Vac lines replaced with silicon
turbo pipes replaced with silicon
S2000 air filter mod
dump valve
N75
hockey puck valve
inlet manifold gasket
VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel
A/c condenser
front shocks and springs
front brakes
injector seats
aerial seal
window runner clips
passenger wing mirror
boot latch
cruise control
comfort indicators
all engine mounts
cambelt and water pump
alternator
2 new headlights plus HID conversion
ignition coil wiring loom
countless ignition coils!!!!

No doubt there's a few bits I missed. Thankfully I do all the work myself would of cost me a fortune otherwise.

I've got all the bits for sai delete so may do that just because.

What bike you riding these days?

Mines on 105k miles aswell , to be fair mate you have spent so much on upgrading it would be counter productive to sell it now ... But I know what you mean my mgtf I spent loads on it an i new I'd never see it back becaus mgs are basically worthless.

With the audi it'll hold its value better and a good looked after and modified correctly example would be sort after so I'd say stick with it but I'd totally get why you want to sell up.

I'm not riding anything at the minute cuz im basically running 2 cars (mine and the Mrs) I had a 2000 cbr600fy in blue white and red .. But i sold it just at the end of last summer ... I do miss it

But yeah ive had er-5s , gs500 k5. Bandit 600 , cbr1000fr and a rs50 when I was 16 lol

Nice I have a black 2001 CBR600 fs at the mo absolutely love it haha looking at a er6f for the wife nice looking bikes.

I'm gonna see how I feel about the car once everything else is done and decide from there I think.

Sweet bikes I loved mine to bits Im guessing yours was the same as mine the f4?? First of the aluminium framed bikes and last of the carbed engines??
Or is yours an early f4i with fuel injection? Black with the red cbr down the front fairing ? Loved that colour combo lol

Mines the f4i first of the fuel injected its black with silver/chrome CBR and Honda signs. It certainly makes me happier than the a3 haha

Well I sure this car was owned by Barry bodge it before me and his tool box consisted of gaffa tape ,cable ties and a pair of side cutters lol

Pcv breather turned up today so set about taking engine covers off to get at the original pipe ... Well what I thought was the original part..

This is what I removed compared to the new genuine audi part

Anyway removed the gaffa tape to find this

Bitch of a job to change again tight spaces and large hands = cuts and scrapes and lots of swearing but job done.

Fixed the no rear washer jet while I was there ... Pipe had come off the washer bottle refited it and it no longer dumped coolant on the drive from drivers front corner , now it was dumping it on the floor from behind airbox .. Removed airbox and that plastic cover for the wiring channel and found the pipe was disconnected here aswell so reconnected and sucess I now have a rear working wash wipe!! Bonus!!

And finally fitted the forge 007 .. Not tried it yet but can't see it being much louder with the standard airbox still on the car but it'll come into play when other mods start getting done.

And from what I can see everything else is looking good so fingers crossed I can look forward to mods now lol

On a final note , it's cost me 40 quid and about an hour and a half to replace these pipes what the hell goes through people's heads is beyond me , why bodge something that can cause running problems when the parts are cheap and readily available ... Totally ****** me off!

Ooh S*%T thats alot worse than mine was!! Its amazing what people use to fix these things!! DV is looking good. My rear washer was just the pipe under the air box. You should do the S2000 air filter mod you can really hear the dump valve then and its dirt cheap to do. I think I paid about £12 for the filter then the silicon reducer wasnt much.

What's the s2000 air filter mod??

Is it a air filter off a Honda s2000?

I was looking at the ram air induction kit with bolt in heat shield that the maf bolts to , 80 quid ...

Just had a read of that .... Very nice and at that price will be done inthe next week or 2 cheers for the link and recommendation.

1 question what size reducer is needed ?
I no the maf for our carsis 70mm but what outside diameter is the s2000 filter?
And do you know the outside diameter of the sai pipe that connects to the airbox? Going to fit a small breather filter to it.

Cheers dude very much appreciated

The MAF reducer you need is 90mm/70mm I can't remember the size of the filter I used on the Sai pipe but it was a oil catch can breather.

I've been looking at s3 rear brakes so looks like I may be keeping it haha

No worries I'll pull the sai pipe off and measure it tomorrow .
Might buy the reducer and breather filter tomorrow and fetch the filter from gsf next weekend.

Another issue I forgot to mention is the passenger window goes up but comes back down .. I no it's the finger trap safety thing but how do you reset it so it doesn't come down every time you use the one touch window operation??

Think it's had a new window mechanism as some point

The reset procedure is with the window closed hold the button down till it reaches the bottom release and down again for 2 seconds you should hear a click. The do the same going up. It's not normally the regulator just the runner clips. Good idea to lubricate the runners and the channels that should help it.

you sir are a legend!!

Just done what you posted and bish bash bosh all sorted

Cheers

Reactions: EXSpartan36
Had a hell of a day today ... My cousin wanted to replace the nackered vacuum line on his cupra r the one from DV to inlet manifold.

Removed the pipe clamp , started to pull the pipe off and The brass nipple that's pressed into the manifold sheared off.

Spent the rest of the day removing inlet manifold , drilling out and tapping a thread to screw a stronger nipple in and then reassembling .

All that just to change a bit of ****** rubber pipe

My cousin lost his cool and kicked **** out of the car .. Hes had problem after problem after problem and it just come to a head today and he cracked ... New engine was fitted a month ago and then last week the oil seals let go and was dumping oil .. He only got it back yesterday again then this happens today , I had to physically shove him away to calm him down , he's spent thousands trying to get it right and to be fair now it's not to far away ... Never seen him flip like that totally out of character

I was in the motor trade for 12 years never had that much rage with any of my cars but happened plenty of times with customers cars! Haha.

Did he find out why the seals went? They shouldn't blow out unless the crank case is pressuring up.

Oil cooler seals apparently , his dad helped him change the engine a few months ago but it was only a bare block so all other parts came off his old engine so I'm guessing they forgot to replace a few seals and gaskets during the swop over

What breather filter did you use for the sai pipe that goes into the air box or have you got an ebay link?

I've messured the end of the pipe that goes into the air box and its 30mm outside diameter and 25mm inside diameter and for the life of me I can't find one that size... Planning on doin the s2000 filter mod but want to get all the parts first

Also struggling to find a pillar pod to fit a boost gauge for the a3 that isn't silly money ..I can't justify paying 50 - 100 quid for a small bit of plastic

Cheers

I got a breather filter I got off ebay but that was a couple years ago. I'll try have a look at work tonight and see what I can find. Cant help with the pod I've never looked for one. I have seen on here some of the guys replace the drivers air vent for a boost gauge pod which doesn't look to bad.

Not a fan of the air vent pod to be fair mate, I've found a leon pod at a descent enough price and from what I've read on here it's a pretty good fit so think that will be my option.

Ordered a black silicone reducer for the s2000 filter mod 90mm to 70mm as you stated previously .

I'm still on the look out for a breather filter for the sai pipe .. Thanks for the link but can't justify spending 25 quid on a tiny filter when the s2000 filter is only going to cost 14 quid and that's massive lol

So yea this month is boost gauge and s2000 filter ... Busy this weekend and next weekend so gives me plenty time to get the parts before fitting

Good to hear you found a suitable pod. £25 is a bit excessive probably cheaper to delete the SAI!! haha. I have the lovely job of fitting a cambelt tomorrow found my tensioner was nice and noisy the other day. But on a lighter note I have a S3 rear brake conversion on the way!!!

Ha ha few days ago you was on about selling it. My cars had a new drivers side rear caliper but its squeaks I guessing they didn't put any copper grease on the back of the pads before fitting ..

Ive read on here to just put a bit of material like tights over the pipe just to stop debris getting down the pipe and just cable tie it out the way

And Im sure I've read that a breather filter with a 25mm neck just squeeze into the pipe neck??

Im about to order 10 meters of silicone hose for when I fit my boost gauge but ive gone blank

whaT size internal diameter is needed to connect the gauge to the dv vac hose??

5mm?
I almost bought 3mm thinkin that was the right size before I posted the question on here.

I havnt bought the gauge yet just picking up the parts I'm goin to need first

Don't want to buy the wrong size as 10m of silicone isn't cheap

Might actually be 4mm best thing to do is pop the hose off the top of the dv and measure the diameter

Ha ha why didn't I think of that

I'll messured it now And report back

Cheers bud feel stupid for not thinking about doin that lol