1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleeeease Help!!!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by sinbadfury, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

[Jun 13, 2007]
    I have run over a wooden plank on the way home. It tore off the underbody attached to the underbody of the engine bay (about 1/3 way down the underside)

There is also a leak now dripping a clear, odourless liquid and I don't know whether I should commute my 180 mile round trip in it tomorrow or not

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially in what that underbody covered (transmission, exhaust maybe??), and what the leak could be

Cheers guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

[Jun 13, 2007]
    Do you mean it tore off the belly pan?

The belly pan is the plastic protective cover underneath the engine bay. There are two main ones which are under the engine.

That clear, odourless liquid sounds like water. Where is it leaking from?
  4. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

[Jun 14, 2007]
    Two pans from what I could see, one directly under the engine, the other attached to it heading back towards the centre of the underbelly. Couldn't see much with just a jack, no way I was getting under it!

The leak is coming through the plastic covering on the passenger side underbelly, dripping around the middle of the car

I all important fluids in the car have at least a colour or a smell then where could the water be coming from, window wash? rad?
  5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Jun 15, 2007]
    Funny how people underestimate the importance of plain old water, until they're stuck on the hard shoulder in the freezing rain with a seized engine that is.
  6. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

[Jun 15, 2007]
    Leak has ceased, mechanic mate checked it out, refitted the engine pan with ties and drove it 90 miles to work today...all seems OK...needs service next week so will get a better look when up on jacks, whatever.

Next question, where is the best place to source 2 new underbody pans with clips to replaced bashed ones??
  7. worpspeed

worpspeed a41.9tdi/zenons/s line kit/rs4 rims/eibach springs

[Jun 23, 2007]
    hi there
    that clear liquid will be water. it is condinsation developed from the aircon and it drips out via a overflow pipe in the centre of the car just behind the gearbox .
    i hope this helps
  8. DIA

DIA New Member

[Jun 24, 2007]
    I've got a leak from the same place., and yes it is my coolant water. Hopefully mine should be getting repaired by dealers as my cars in with them after the mishap it had with a coach. If they don't sort it i guess i'm f****d!