1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please sign this Petition (increasing Fuel Prices UK)

AshA4 May 1, 2008

1. AshA4

AshA4 Ash

Hi All,

Have not been on here for a while, been over on St Drivers after buying an ST TDCI.

Sorry if this has been posted on here allready or if it is in the wrong section but could not see it as a post.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

Oh and forward to everyone you know :)

2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Ditto, I am sure some people in my contacts will be WTF !!!

4. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

There's no point

have you seen what they do with these petitions

wait a year then write saying thanks but we'll do what we like

only more direct action will ever have any affect

5. AshA4

AshA4 Ash

We have got to try though :) one day enough people will sign one of these and they will have to listen.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Signed.

7. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

Will not make any change so what is the point, lorries blocking the roads is the only way they will listen but then they will not drop the prices!!

8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Signed. Anythings worth a go and its not gonna lose us anything!

9. fran-s3

fran-s3 Active Member VCDS Map User

done

10. JimmyJames

JimmyJames Jas.

Done. Anythings worth a try. Its just getting too sore at the pumps and the pocket.

11. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Moderator VCDS Map User

Enough people DID sign the one about the road tax per mile scheme and the government made a U-turn. Enough people signed the one about Headly Court (forces rehabilitation centre) and it went through also.

It's always worth trying, you're right!

12. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

I agree with the people saying it'll not change anything. The government know this is a hot issue with the public but at the end of the day stuff has to be paid for, if they drop the fuel tax then something else will appear to replace it or we'll end up with a budget deficit!! Only answer is to cut the spending then the need for taxes will drop, but what do you fancy cutting spending on?? The only thing I can really think of is to get ourselves out from Afgan & Iraq as soon as its feasible to do so because thats costing enough for a major tax cut right there! I agree with what we're doing there in principle but you cant hide the cost! Its affecting America financially too now, their economy is taking a battering at the moment.

I think the council elections yesterday has shown Labour they really are becoming unpopular so unless Gordon is really a totally brainless fuckwit i'd expect some changes this year from them to regain some popularity before general election time next year.

13. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

I actually think he is !!!

Mark

14. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

I signed this and the previous petition regarding fuel prices and have just had an email back from the government.It states that in real terms we are paying 7% less than 1999 so thats alright then, Gordons listening but as usual ploughs on regardless the sooner that idiot goes the better.

15. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Signed....

16. John @ DW

John @ DW Member

Signed!! I nearly crash when I passed a petrol station at the services today.

17. Jaywoo_A3

Jaywoo_A3 Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Signed,

18. Road Razor

Road Razor Member

Not sure if it'll make any difference but I've signed it.