Please HELP!!

I don't blame you! I would be p#####f if it happened just after I got it. You will sort it and after a few month will forget about it. And you have checked the A/c waste drain on right and side of passengers footwell is clear?

damm right paid top wack for it too...only done 90k

the ac drain is kind of squashed,the one that comes out from behind dash and finishes near floor

talk was dry,might have put a bit too much down though.
getting a P0600 code after fitting hid this normal or down to damp?
ill have a read cheers

UPDATE... ive fitted the new pollen filter housing, here is the 2 side by side

Do you have the part number, as it will be helpful for anyone else who comes across the thread.

Hard to say atm,changed it the other day ive dried it again.time will tell.its the last of my worries at the min,just want it to run right.

Ive put redex fortex2 now trying the liqui moly purge. had a dodgy glowplug,it wasnt that.so new battery,wasnt that.
ill do a whole service as i took rocker cover off and found oil to be real thick,so ill flush the lot out...ive noticed some smoke whilst driving at night in the car behinds headlights. im thinking blocked cat or turbo. or injector seals.

Camshaft all nice looking no scores or pitting or tarnish ect,so thats a good sign.

Another thing i though of is weather its been mapped,as when the turbo kicks in it just wants to rip off like a rocket.

It has got better but still misses/knocking.

Would the oil be thick if it had fuel in it? it does smell like oil.

Ross. Did you get anywhere with the rear wiper motor? I've the same issue and instead of a straight replace which will mean the problem will no doubt return I'm wondering if there's a mod or fix?
I've also got no power to drivers door but removed the harness and found a couple of cables which had snapped due to continuous opening and closing of the doors so I'll solder them
tonight.

yes i fixed it without replacement,but how long it lasts i dont know. i just put some silicone around the water jet inside,left it disconnected for a week. works a treat.dont forget to regrease your cogs in your motor and clean off any rust. its a temp fix remember,to solve it youd need to buy another really.

also check for any stains near your boot subwoofer as the pipe snaps in the rubber with the wires.thats a pain in the a%$£ job

see the runs?

EA1254BA B143 42FB 833A 7C02CA10C5FF zpsxqgmiosx

Well i kind of am,but to trading standards...and there helping me.as the guy who sold it me,has tried to put a harrasment order on me lol.

OK UPDATE!!! Leak is FIXED!!! yay!! think it was the new filter housing i fitted. ive been dry since...:audibash:

just have to sort the camshaft now :(

Reactions: mister.c.
put the poor starting and misfire like symtoms down to that,its going in 18th for a proper inspection/diagnosis.

and its now devolped a knocking noise front drivers.

When you scanned it with vcds did it not throw any engine fault codes , also i maybe down Gloucester way later in the week if i can help i can call in with vcds.

hey,only egr which i deleted because of oil weeping out of the hole. your more than welcome to have a look. its going in 17th night i have an op on 18th. gloucester is abit far from me though.

Where are you again ? Thought you were between me (matlock Derbyshire) and Gloucester.
Your car is a 1.9tdi isn't it ?

Cam not normally a problem, sounds more like air leak on fuel system, next door has one the same and it took us a while but it was eventually an air leak, especially if its had a new fuel filter recently.

Just use vcds to see what the fuel trim is doing.

VIN: License Plate: DA53 LLR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 01: Engine Labels: 038-906-019-AVF.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 038 906 019 LJ
Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG 4910
Software Coding: 00003
Work Shop Code: WSC 63251
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8E44A119085 AUZ6Z0C0291009
VCID: 6ADC4EC216CBA371D04-4B1E
2 Faults Found:

18057 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1649 - 35-10 - Missing Message from ABS Controller - Intermittent
19586 - EGR System
P3130 - 35-10 - Regulation Range Exceeded - Intermittent

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

im in bridgnorth shropshire...how do i go about that what block is it and how to tell?

ok vcds on ,go to select module then 17 instruments then put 032 in one field and 033 in the next click go and watch.
Make a note of what's in left hand column, clear any codes and do it again noting the left column and then post here so i can see it.

Last edited:
ok ive got a whole day on it tomorrow, putting all the trim back. hope its something simple. ive heard about the tandem gaskets ect.

Hmmmm not sure, should still show fuel trim even though its diesel but maybe different blocks I'll do some reading.

Cars in garage atm they having a look,but ill do it soon as i get back. cheers

dont think i ever will lmao...op went ok thanks for asking,garage phoned they reckon its the injector loom...?? £200 to replace it. bit high i thought?

Common fault on em, next door just had 1 cost him same. Audi a4 1.9tdi 03 plate.

There junk mate wires break internally , spose you could make your own.

i just dont think its that,there just guessing they said.

Next door had similar problem mate but the biggest turned out to be fuel pipe from filter to pump was not sealing , we replaced it and its a different car.BUT his loom was forked.

You can unplug the loom its dead easy and then run a continuity test on each wire , thats what i would do and is really what the garage should do instead of guessing.

yeah i know,hope it fixes it,i will not be best pleased at a £200 guess

Test the loom yourself first , save wasting money if its not that.

Is there a pipe on the tandem pump? if so wheres that go? as it looks oily

I'm sure there's guys on here that've had the injector wiring loom for about £60. And it's a diy job too.