please help! timing belt problem

marcgj

Reaction score
hey guys got all my products from eurocarparts skf timing kit etc.....

every thing went great today until i had to fit the belt...i just couldn't get it to fit...
i marked the old belt (even though i lined up the cam pulley and the flywheel) fitted new tensioner new hydraulic damper...i put the belt on the top mark and then on the bottom mark,the belt is super tight the tensioner side which i know it shouldn't be and i couldn't get it around the water pump,even if i did the belt is still way too tight on the tensioner side???

measured water pump and theyre the same 56mm pulley..(changed water pump aswell)

i just dont get it.

help please!!

Mate they are murder to get the new belt on , I found putting the belt at the edge of the pulleys helped!

Where can I buy harmonic pulley bolts from gents apart. From a dealer (closest is 15 miles away),managed to destroy one today.

Put the belt only on the edges of the pulleys and slide the tensioner to the end of it's stud so the belt isn't on the raised lip of the tensioner pulley... Then nudge it all in working it around, works a charm every time for me

If that makes sense!?

Got this finished last night,used the bicycle chain method belt was still tight though! When I pulled the pin nothing moved as there was no slack to take up,anyway seems to be running fine apart from I think I have an air lock,I got warm heaters etc....but my bottom hose is cold.

Thanks for the help.