1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP, snake in my tank?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by my96A4Turbo, Sep 6, 2009.

1. my96A4Turbo

my96A4Turbo New Member

please help me get the last of my problem sorted on my A4 turbo..
    over the last week or so ive had hissing coming out of the petrol cap? (sounds like a snake).....could it be a blocked vent pipe?...if so is it connected to the fuel filler?......ive not got a clue about Audis so any pointers/ things to check out would be a great help...

she was running abit ruff,,eg like she was in limp mode ,but i sorted that 2day :yahoo:(pipe came of inlet manifold).....
    ive read about EVAP canisters & purge regulator valve (are thay the same thing yeh?),,and reciculation solenoid (dump valve yeh?) N75 ect ect etc could it be any of these also...... its just starting to get to me with all these different names for things (getting lost),,,am used to boost solenoids and dump valves..not EVAP canister and all lol...

PLEASE HELP......

ps. how much is a standard n75 valve?....i take it you have to get it from the steelers yeh

cheers
    jodie
  2. my96A4Turbo

my96A4Turbo New Member

3. jcb

jcb Active Member

hissing from the filler isn't that unusual in itself.
    get it VAGcom'd for any fault codes as you will be running round all over if you just try to identify a problem swapping things out
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Usually its the N80 thats faulty. Mine does it, i just can't afford to change it atm. Its the black cylinder thingy by the top of the airbox, 2 pipes and a leccy connectro.
  5. my96A4Turbo

my96A4Turbo New Member

its not doing it 2day :think:. cheers Byzan i will have a look at the N80 thingy lol.....
    she still hunts abit but there is no hissing...i will change the plugs and clean my maf at the weekend, hopefully this will sort the small hunting issue..
    thanks again:icon_thumright:
  6. my96A4Turbo

my96A4Turbo New Member

yeh man i hear you but it sounds like a big ass snake in there...i know you get the back pressure when you take your cap off to fill up..the hissing was there all the time.....its not showing a cell or anything (not sure if this would though)....i will try to get a hold of a mates mate VAGcom..

cheers