Please help name the non standard parts of my engine from these pictures?

jamieswales

Reaction score
Still trying to establish exactly what my engine has had done to it. The car has a sticker on it 'AWE Tuning' and has a boost gauge within an air vent with the same logo on it.

Some parts on my engine look slightly different to other tuned ones, please help.

1) what is this little plastic thing with foam inside it? (below)
DSCF4108.jpg

2) Is this peice of Forge kit some kind of DV? Anyone know exactly which one? (Below)
DSCF4109.jpg

3)Other than the air filter, can anyone see anything different to standard in the engine bay?
DSCF4104.jpg

4) You can realy see from the picture, but does this look like a set up of the twintercooler?
DSCF4106.jpg

Finally, is it possible to find out which remap it has and if it has uprated fuel pump?

Thanks for all your help

pic 1 f*** knows!!
pic 2 forge dv
pic 3 evoms intake
pic 4 looks like an extra air diverter to intake

why not call AWE tuning and ask them??

The random thing in pics 1/2 looks like some sort of in-line breather filter. Can't work out why it needs one... but maybe speak to Regal, who I think are the AWE importer?

pic 3............colour coded dipstick

I think number 2 is a damper for the boost gauge to stop the needle fluttering, and my first thoughts for that extra hose was twintercooler

Finally, is it possible to find out which remap it has and if it has uprated fuel pump?

Fuel pump might be abit harder to find out. If its the APR one then it will say it on the pump and I think it has Hitachi written on it also. But if its the internals then you would have to open it up.

is there a way of checking fuel pressure/flow via VCDS? if this above standard, im guessing its a good indicator it has the uprated internals? (from the pics it looks like it doesn't have the APR)

Log block 230 to see your HPFP rail pressure. This will tell you if you have a uprated HPFP although you will not be able to tell whcih one unless you take it apart or it has a sticker on it.

No one (also in pic 2) does look like an in-line filter which are sometimes used to stop fluctuation on boost meters.

Paul

Other option is that you could try and contact the previous owner to find out what has been done and by whom.

Paul