Please help me identify my engine and turbo o/p about to "Mr Muscle" it!

foggys916

Reaction score
Hi,

So this is related to another thread, but what version engine layout is my 1996 Audi A4 TDi (1.9).

11058d1360449682-mr-muscle-turbo-vanes-flush-out-help-im-little-unsure-audi_a4_tdi_engine_labelled.jpg

What I'm look for is where the output of the turbo goes: i.e. I can see where the exhaust drive is going (the larger pipe under that labelled 'E') and where the air intake is (labelled 'A'), but where is the blown output going?

I'm about to "Mr Muscle" it, but can't immediately locate the turbo output (I presume its underneath all this)....

Anyone know of a good on-line schematic?

Cheers

Steve

remove pipe E
with a small hose direct mr muscle into the turbo towards the inner wing side this will go to the veins
leave to soak and then operate the lever from the vacuum diaphram below turbo at centre until it moves fully stop to stop and free

remove pipe E
with a small hose direct mr muscle into the turbo towards the inner wing side this will go to the veins
leave to soak and then operate the lever from the vacuum diaphram below turbo at centre until it moves fully stop to stop and free

Many thanks, only just seen the reply!

Will try over the bank holiday.

don't listen to that last post!! your engine is an AHU . It doesn't have a variable vein turbo! its a wastegate type and does not need the mr muscle treatment!