Please help me find my battery!

mrmuscle

Audi, the next best thing to Bodybuilding
Reaction score
hi guys,
i have recently bought a lovely audi a3 3.2 v6 quatrro.
first things first, what a beautiful car!
now, can someone please help me and tell me where the battery is as ive looked in the boot and under the bonnet but cant seem to find it.
thanks in advance!

It's in the boot, you have to take the spare wheel out and some of the polysyrene inserts , then it's under a cover.

mrmuscle said:
hi guys,
i have recently bought a lovely audi a3 3.2 v6 quatrro.
first things first, what a beautiful car!
now, can someone please help me and tell me where the battery is as ive looked in the boot and under the bonnet but cant seem to find it.
thanks in advance!
Are you sure you haven't bought one of the newer fusion powered models?

3.2 Ju said:
It's in the boot, you have to take the spare wheel out and some of the polysyrene inserts , then it's under a cover.

thank you for your wisdom, is much appreciated.

MarcQuinlivan said:
Are you sure you haven't bought one of the newer fusion powered models?

if i wanted sarcasm i would have asked for it.

Not sure about this but something tells me he's into muscles

Handle: MrMuscle
Sig: The man with the muscles
Tag: Audi, the next best thing to muscles

Personally I'm not keen on sea food

haha yea guys, its what i do for a living, gotta love what you do!
am looking forward to making friends on this forum and learning a whole lot more about my car!

Spin140 said:
send us some pics of the car and your muscles :)

Don't be so evil guys :) On my S3 the battery is located in the second black box from the right:

S3_13.jpg

But i think the S3 has had its battery box moved back to improve weight distribution, so the 3.2 Quattro should have its box around the same place, probably a bit closer to the front of the engine bay :icon_thumright:

the batteries definetly in the boot, under a metal plate on the right hand side, you have to take the spare wheel out and then remove the torx screws off the plate to access the battery.

By the way it's not a standard normal battery, just had mine replaced under warranty

TDI-line said:
Hello and welcome to the site.

Yes welcome to the site.

To be fair i'd neber of thought of looking in the boot for the battery although I know lots of BMW cars do this to aid weight distribution.

the reason it's in the boot, is because theres no room in the engine bay due to the lovely V6 in there

i had the same problem here at first, couldnt find a grommit in the firewall, couldnt find the battery in the front bay, both are in the boot, theres too much engine in the front!

thank you for your kind words everyone.
will get pics up as soon as possible for anyone thats interested

If only Audi could come up with some way of gathering all the important information that an owner might require about their car and store it all in one central location. Perhaps they could publish them in some kind of booklet thing and they could even provide a nice leather folder to keep everything tidy.

MarcQuinlivan said:
If only Audi could come up with some way of gathering all the important information that an owner might require about their car and store it all in one central location. Perhaps they could publish them in some kind of booklet thing and they could even provide a nice leather folder to keep everything tidy.

Well done. Now thats sarcasm at its' finest.:applaus:

Hello mrmuscle, welcome to the site. At first I thought you were winding us up. Nice one to those who knew the answer!