1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help diagnose a rear suspension squeak

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mohsin1315, Apr 14, 2013.

1. mohsin1315

mohsin1315 Member

[Apr 14, 2013]
    Since installing a H&R cup kit on my 2007 S3 back in December I have had a squeak/groan coming from the rear of the car when going over bumps or going up/down driveways at low speeds. The noise is louder when there are people in the back and once the car is warmed up. Things that have been done to try and fix the issue are so far are:
    1. Wrap the "dead" coils on the H&R springs to stop metal on metal rubbing
    2. Replace rear ARB bushes
    3. Apply a good helping of grease to the spring cups

The cup kit and rear ARB bushes where fitted by AmD who also greased things up a bit just after fitting so I don't thinks its related to things not being fitted correctly. The car rides fine and once you get going it quietens down completely.

The noise is really irritating me and getting to the point of being unbearable. Before I go back to the garage and dish out a load of hard earned money on investigative labour is there anybody who has had a similar experience or know what might be causing the issue?

Thanks
    Mo
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]