1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help cant connect to vcds

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by BeeKay, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    i know this has been posted a million times im sorry but i just cant connect to the car , everythings running fine on the laptop and the cable is fine both have been tested on another car , okay so far i have checked 80% of the fuses ( main ones from what others have mentioned ) i have a aftermarket HU this has been removed and the live wire taken off still no luck as well as the loom for it , my alarm has gone on the car i know this as i had the 4 beep thing now when the alarm goes off i just get flashing lights no horn could this be causing it ? is there anything else i can check ? i would list what fuses i have checked but i cant remember them all have checked control module , timing , locks , radio ,

any help would be much appreciated , im going to be taking the car to midland vw at some point as a mate of mine knows someone who works there would like to try and resolve this before taking it to them

A3 1.9 TDI 130 (ASZ)
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 2, 2013]
    You have prob blown the diagnostics fuse... fitting an after market HU is normally the reason for this..

Ross-Tech: VCDS: Afterrmarket Radio Problem

Check the diags fuse... (5amp from memory)

Once you have the diags working then a scan should reveal more about the other issues you are having... the 4 beeps is an indication the backup batteries in the siren are shot...

<tuffty/>
  3. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Apr 2, 2013]
    thanks for the info mate will be checkin this at some point today
  4. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 2, 2013]
  5. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Apr 2, 2013]
    lol thanks mate will be looking into this tomorrow evening
  6. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Aug 21, 2013]
    i have tried the fuse and it doesnt seem to be blown , k line has also been stripped back no luck :( any ideas , i need to clear my air bag warning light as it failed mot because of this today , any help would be appreciated
  7. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Aug 22, 2013]
    took it down to the lads at midland VW today they managed to connect and scan the car just fine but didnt clear the fault (got my timing / water pump done from them) .. i know my lead works as ive scanned other cars with it perfectly any ideas ?
  8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 22, 2013]
    Why did you not ask Midland VW? :think:
  9. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

[Aug 22, 2013]
    i did , and they did say they would do it but noticed they had not cleared it only after i drove off :( was excited and in a rush to get out of there as quick as i could as i had been driving a very sluggish insignia all day lol
  10. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 23, 2013]
    Try pushing your cable in again, we did have one out of about 10 plugged in sessions today where the genuine vcds didnt connect.