1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!! Bluetooth connect volume/ repeated connect chime!!!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by DamianS4, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DamianS4

DamianS4 New Member

As per the title - I acquired a 'X' plate, facelift Avant last weekend and there are two issues with the Nokia Bluetooth which are 'concerning me'....
    When I get in, turn ignition - the Nokia Bluetooth announces itself with the loudest of chimes - I need to make this stop before I take more drastic action (you know what I mean....)
    For some reason - if I don't have my paired handset - it just chimes sporadically.... I need to make this stop.... you get the picture - I am not known for my patients with technology which doesn't serve its primary purpose.

Whilst I have your attention - does anyone have experience of issues tuning the TV as after exasperating myself - all I can see if coloured snow with very little quality - the audio is there and is very clear - and I am able to set the channels and configure up to 3 frequencies for a particular channel.... all seems a bit Greek to me - are there any gotcha's with worn cables that I should know about....? I did speak to Craig in the week and chewed the fat over replacing the RDS D with the E but the package is a little beyond me as I am expecting my first in three weeks!!!!

Many thanks in advance of any feedback - BTW I did search the subject and drew a blank :search:
  2. JS4

JS4 New Member

Have you got a model number or a picture of the unit. Is it one of those nokia units where it is just a round button with a turning dial surrounding it?
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Presumably the TV doesnt work because it has an analog tuner, and most of the UK is broadcasting digital now...

No idea on the handsfree, you need to find a manual for whatever unit you have installed.
  4. DamianS4

DamianS4 New Member

yes it is the unit with the circular knob with speaker located under the steering column. It did it again this moring - I went to sainsburys - came back 20 minutes later and the battery was dead with the only sign of life being the bluetooth trying to pair or connect.....? Driving me insane..... :wacko:
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Rip it out then.
  6. DamianS4

DamianS4 New Member

Spent £124 quid in Halfords on a decent battery - well - 83 after trade discount - at least it should rule out any 'low voltage' gotcha's.....
    am going to search for the Nokia RTFM and see if I can control this piece of **** one way or another!