1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP ***audi a4 2.0T big miles any good? FSH***

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by hardy73, Apr 5, 2011.

1. hardy73

hardy73 New Member

[Apr 5, 2011]
    Hi
    I am looking for guidance from you's audi A4, 2.0T, avant, s line, quattro, special edition 2006??

- has 150k miles ok or not, full service history looks mint, one owner?
    - any major things to check?
    - are these engines good for that at the right price?
    - big spec sat nav/leather/bluetooth, bose....

Looks great just not sure about miles? I own a 2003 avant quattro 1.8T and it seems great.

Please help!

THANKS

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

[Apr 6, 2011]
    If you're gonna keep it and add miles on and not worried about re-sale value then provided it's sound, then why not?

I'm looking at 180k A3 TDI Quattro (8L), FASH, one owner, looks mint (although not seen it in person yet). Service history and maintenance is obviously important. I can't comment on the 2.0T engine but 150k isn't really a lot these days for modern engines.
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2011]
    I think with high mileage cars, 50% of it is psychological, of course it's going to have some wear, even with FSH, you have to think about suspension wear and transmission wear, not just the engine alone.

Like Aaron mentions above, modern engines can take the mileage, my 2000 Passat Estate is on 180k miles and running great, but starting to have minor niggles like a snapped coil spring, seized caliper, but I can fix both of these myself, so not put off keeping it for the work run. I also have a 155k S3 running remapped power, and that runs great too, both cars with FSH!