1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, advice required.

LiveWire Mar 18, 2010

1. LiveWire

LiveWire S3X

Whilst charging my car battery I tried to start my car, (The head unit was left on the last time I turned car off) I heard a loud pop from the back of the car which I first thought was unburnt fuel in exhaust.

When the car started the stereo fired straight up and once I re-set all the stereo settings the stereo seemed a lot quieter than before, also when the volume is low I can hear feedback which follows the engine revs which iv never heard before. Im no expert on ICE but do you think my BOSE amp has blown?

2. Daboyracer

Daboyracer Speed Freak

no expert myself but i would say that you've not blown the amp (assuming its after market) you'd have an inline fuse from the batt that would go 1st but you said your still getting sound.

3. LiveWire

LiveWire S3X

Its the standard BOSE amp that comes with the BOSE speakers, not aftermarket... The stereo is still working just it is deffo quieter than before (less base and volume) I removed the amp but it doesent have a fuse.

4. Daboyracer

Daboyracer Speed Freak

?? you removed the amp?? explain... i'm not to clued up on std one's but if sim to a/market maybe cables are wired wrong etc...

5. LiveWire

LiveWire S3X

I removed the amp from the boot of the car, it does not have any fuses on the amp, I opened the amp up and no fuses inside either, nothing inside looks burnt out so I guess there is a fuse somewhere else that could have blown?? its all standard wireing so thats not the issue.

6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

The Bose system has 2 amps, one for the cabin speakers a nd another inside the tupperware sub. Is the sub still working?
    Do you have the stock HU? Are all the speakers working? If you use the fader and balance to isolate each speaker are they all quiet?
    If it was a fuse then nothing would work