1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help :( a3 dsg gearbox, need a new 1

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by Chady, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Chady

Chady New Member

[Jul 8, 2012]
    Hi guys
    could any1 help me with this problem pretty please
    ive got a A3 20tdi 2004 & it's DSG .....
    i was doing 90mph when the gears dropped down & selected 2nd gear, had a guy to plug his lap top into my car & the megatronic unit is faulty. Witch is a commen fault I beleave :(
    The car has been parked in the garage for ova a year because I couldn't find a gearbox to replace the old 1.....
    The gearbox code is HLE!!!! Audi told me I've got to put a hle code bk in because all the ratio ect are different on other codes

I can't find a HLE gearbox anywhere :'(

Any1 got any helpfully information??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. murran

murran Active Member

[Jul 9, 2012]
    why have you posted it in here? should be in the 8p a3 section.
  4. lgooch

lgooch Active Member

[Jul 9, 2012]
    Is it the mechatronic unit you need which is merely the brains of the gearbox or the actual box itself. If the latter I feel you are better stripping the car for parts and scrapping it off
  5. Chady

Chady New Member

[Jul 9, 2012]
    Hi guys
    thanks murran I'll repost in the 8p A3 section if I don't get any joy on here

Igooch/ it's the mechatronic unit witch is faulty!!!!! Because I was traveling about 90mph the gearbox does whine abit but only when I'm leaving the engine slow the car down or when I free wheel down a hill but still in drive

Cant scrap coz I got anther 3 years to pay it off :(
  6. lgooch

lgooch Active Member

[Jul 10, 2012]
    There is a company I found who does recon mechatronic units as I was scared to death in buying a 2nd hand car with a DSG box. I bought a manual in the end as I heard too many stories about DSG issues. I will see if I can root them out and post a web link