Please Help!! A3 AGU 98 revo'd

dandos

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an a3 agu 1.8t 1998. The car has a revo stage 1 map with a forge split-r and piper cross air filter. Iv also lowered the car quite abit but not sure how much (adjustable), that's all I really what and the car runs well. Until recently when I noticed a clicking noise comeing from what would seem to be the drivers side front wheel area when I lift off the accelerator. No matter what gear or speed it clicks as soon as I lift off the throttle. Then i throttle on and it stops. It sounds rotational as the clicks increase with the speed. I hope it's the mounts as opposed to the driveshaft as I thought they might of needed changing anyway. Everything will be checked but I was just wondering if anybody has had the same experience and might be able to help diagnose this very infuriating noise lol.

Many Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your help!! Great website

Thanks everyone for your help!! Great website
Not the way to get a response mate..... Just ask again people are busy and lots of people are posting so threads go down the list very quickly and go unnoticed......Just add on to your thread to get it to the top of the list and I'm sure someone will come along and help you.....

I could have thought any clicking noise on rotation that's speed dependant would be a CV joint mate.

These cars famously eat inner CV joints when lowered a fair bit, I've gone through more than I can count.

Unless of course the engine mounts are SO worn that as you lift off the engine is rotating and allowing something to catch, but you should be able to see signs of that from underneath.