PLEASE GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_vishal

A few weeks ago, i posted a thread relating to a sqeaking noise whenever i go over speed bumps, that i was told by audi and by most people on here, would probably be the anti-roll bar, and maybe the bushes??

After being qouted £450 by audi to solve the problem, i though id try another route, and was helped by the REAL proffesionals ( or so i thought!!!) at AMD, in oxford.

I was there yesterday, and they told me the bushes on the driver side had perished and needed replacing, so it would only cost about £50.00!!!!!!! Naturally i was thrilled, at them being so honest!!!

So, after spending my savings on my wife and the Bicester Village, i went to collect the car, and the noise was gone.........WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

BUT, and theres always a but, the noise cam back as soon as i got back into London!!!!!

Can anyone, please tell me what this problem could be??? It only really happens when i go over speed bumps, and its a loud sqeak??

Im due back at AMD in a weeks time, for them to have a look, but please do let me know your thoughts???

I would ask to see the parts the guys think are squeaking, normally if they can find it they can demonstrate it to a customer, Plymouth Audi showed me which bits of my rear suspension were creaking.

I have to say though, again after 3hours labour to strip clean and replace the parts 5 months later the creaking was back, so this time AmD whilst rebuilding my engine are going to replace the ARB and both bushes and I'll see how long this lasts.

good luck, and I get the impression AmD will help where they can!

Perhaps they just lubricated the bushes? Did they actually say they replaced them?

actually, AMD said only 1 of the front bushes needed replacing, and would therefore not require the Sub-frame to be dropped, hence the lower cost, anyone else know what else it could be????

I had the exact same thing and was resolved a month back with anti-roll bar AND bushes being changed under warranty.

Its not re-appeared......... yet!

alo guys,

Just thought id let you know, the problem was sorted this weekend by the magicians at AMD!!!! They only charged me £180 to replace the whole ARB, and bushes!!! Which is a damn sight better than Audi wanting £500!!!!!

As well as that, while i was waiting, i thought to myself, why not get the re-map while im here!!! So i went for the AMD re-map stage 1, and the brembro pads and discs, and ive ordered the exhaust as well!!!! Bit more than i wanted to spend, but my little S3 baby, has now become a Monster!!!!

Just wanna say a massive big up to ed jackson, and all the boyos at AMD!!!!!!