1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please advise

thebra Apr 23, 2007

1. thebra

thebra New Member

hi can some one help me please... i have a s4 and its fitted with a alarm that comes on when i press the lock doors button on my audi key right? well my problem is now my alarm keeps coming on for no reason i can see.. when i say alarm is coming on i mean the noise is coming on about every 20mins or so for about a minute but the lights are not flash only the noise? it was so bad last night i could not stop it so i had to disconect the battery at 3am so can someone maybe help me here...cheers guys alan

2. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Maybe a short in the alarm? Connections? Also the sensors in the doors, boot and bonnet?

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It'll be the siren module. They have a backup battery inside and this eventually refuses to hold charge either through age or corrosion. The alarm goes off as it thinks someone is tampering with the power supply.
    It's a sealed unit so you have to replace the whole thing or do a bit of DIY on the plastic housing.

4. macattax

macattax Member

You can pick up a replacement alarm on ebay.
    Pm me if you have trouble finding one and I will try to get a link for you m8.