1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plea to ban motorists washing their cars in the street!

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Aly, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Aly

Aly Active Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

Sounds like a great plan to me... wait... what do you mean it doesn't come with complimentary paint protection and bi-annual detailing to buff out the swirl marks??

4. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Avantage
    Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A4

In theory, every enthusiast could just turn to natural non-toxic products (which to be fair is probably what should happen). Then the garages would not have a leg to stand on. Sounds like they're trying to screw a few more quid out of the average Joe motorist

5. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

How about do one !!

If they are willing to pay for damages the rollers make, or get them to even hand wash it again as they have missed loads when they don't speak no English, really works don't it!

I dont think i have ever let anyone else clean my car, it aint worth there ear bashing, lol

6. shariain

shariain Well-Known Member

“Our car washes have to be inspected by the Environment Agency and we have to have a method of catching the oil, grease and dirty water so it doesn’t go into the main drainage system. ”

This is **** it goes into the same drainage system as the streets do.

“My members are already under threat because of falling profits they make on selling fuel and now struggling because their car wash businesses, which were a good earner, are being decimated,”

Falling profits my ass. I could believe they are loosing a lot of money from the wash side of things but that's not because people are washing there own cars it's because the mechanical washes are **** and people are using the scrape and rape washes that are popping up.

ruffrida likes this.
  7. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

scrape and rape washes that are popping up.

Quality, lol

8. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

My heart bleeds.Are these not the same garages that when theres a threat of a tanker dispute stick the prices up??.Tough bolllocks.
    Just try touching my hose and youll have my jetwash up youre arrse

shariain and ruffrida like this.
  9. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

It's not going to happen, business that sell car washing and detailing products would be effected. And the government would lose out on more tax.

shariain likes this.
  10. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

People are getting shot and killed in broad daylight, and its deemed car washers are this weeks 'Satan'.

I'd rather give up my car than be forced to use their car wash, the feckless w*****s want to control my car washing habits, I'll think about stopping washing it on my drive when they take supermarkets out of the forecourt and charge fair prices for fuel (should be safe on that ruling!)

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

Ha ha, love that emotion warren-S3!! I'm with you mate. I'll be hurled into the back of a cop car still clinging onto my wash mit and detailing brush before I stop washing my own car.