Playing Music via Iphone Help

bigyin

Reaction score
Morning all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have a 2011 S4. I'm looking to play music from my Iphone through the car system.

I was on the audi website and found this:

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zu...ing-connection--yellow-grommet-4f0051510al-11

Now this is where I kinda get a little lost. My car has the DVD Based Nav with slots for SD Cards. There's also a connection in the glove comparment which is what I thought this cable would connect to, and then plug into my Iphone 5, thus letting me stream music. The blurb on the link above states that:

'Only in conjunction with Audi music interface - Not in conjunction with MMI 3G, 2G and CAN (radio concert und symphony) - Only suitable for Apple devices with Lightning connectors'

Pretty sure my car has MMI 2G? and as a result I cant use this cable, can anyone give me the part number of the correct cable?

Kind Regards

I bought this one for my 2012 A4 B8.5 and it works fine.
I only have the Symphony and Orchestra set up so don't even have 2g and it works.
Amazon product

I've seen those as well but was looking to get something that would charge the phone at the same time, hence the 'Lightining connection'.

I use a yellow cable for my iPod and stream music from my iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth also works well for not just iTunes music but audible for audio books and Spotify.

Audio via Bluetooth if you have Bluetooth I have phone prep hi and MMI 3G