1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing music in the A1

Discussion in 'A1 forum' started by h5djr, Apr 22, 2011.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 22, 2011]
    My wife has a VW Polo at the moment and is thinking of changing to an A1. In her Polo she uses an iPod Nano in a cradle on the dash.

On the A1 she test drove yesterday it did not have an interface for a iPod but I did notice a SD card slot. If she was to load music onto an SD card, can this be controlled usnig the normal radio/CD controls.

Also does anyone know if there is an iPod interface available for the A1.

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. arthurdaley69

arthurdaley69 New Member

[Apr 27, 2011]
    I have an ipod connector in the glove box of my a1...press the media key on the stereo, and you're away, with good functionality
    If you have bought one without, it is easy to store all your media on an SD card and do it that way (i believe...it's what the showroom manager told me anyway!!)
  4. dc240969

dc240969 Member

[May 7, 2011]
    l have a A1 coming next month, l have enquired to this as well on Vagoc. It seems to be the case of putting a folder with music on to the sd card. Hopefully it works pretty simply to change tracks. Simpler than getting your ipod nicked as well.
  5. a8 tech back

a8 tech back Member

[May 7, 2011]
    sdhc card also depending on spec ami input and jukebox
  6. matt123890

matt123890 Member

[May 19, 2011]
    I have an a1 as a hire car and it has an ipod connector in the glovebox but also if you have an iphone you can just connect it via bluetooth as the new a1's have a2dp capability. Very handy !! Also you can use steering wheel controls to control scrolling through tracks regardless of whether it is connected by bluetooth or cable . Hope this helps

Oh and the A1 is a lovely car had it for a week to replace my A3 while it was being fix after an accident !
  7. Chappy

Chappy Call me Dan :)

[Aug 26, 2011]
    Purchased songs won't transfer to an SD card though I believe..