1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic Key?

BigDave2001 May 10, 2009

1. BigDave2001

BigDave2001 New Member

Hi,

I have just bought (from an Audi Dealer) an A3 Sportback - very pleased with it so far :)

I was looking through my manual though and it says I should have, as well as the two keys, a plastic strip with a code which is necessary in case the keys are lost.

I'm sure the dealer did not give me this - should it be something I should have received - if so I'll get onto them about it. If they don't have it, is this going to be a problem if I do lose my keys?

Thanks for your help :)

2. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Yeah i just checked my spairs and there a transparent strip with a number in it so yeah id ask the dealer.....

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

I never got one with mine neither........:shrug:

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

You dont need the strip at all for a new key, its all done by chassis number & all your key info is held in germany anyway so dont even worry about it, its not neccessary mate.

5. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Yups, I was a bit confused as why I didn't get a plastic key either. Nothing to worry about as I needed a spare key and the dealer had all the information.