Plastic key

Magicmcfc

Reaction score
Hi

My used audi a4 only came with 2 keys and no plastic one. I pressed the set button on the dash and it shows 3 keys linked to the car.
How do I remove the missing key from the list? Will I have to go to audi. Is it expensive?
Also would this key start the car?

Thanks

Your vehicle will have to be taken to a dealers for them to deactivate the coding on the car for that key. No idea on costs but if a dealer supplied the car they could be expected to do it as good will.

The emergency key allows access to the car using the key slot and when fitted into the holder will start the car as well.

Yes the plastic key will start the car. However just on the off chance check the glove box. Only reason being is when I bought mine used I thought I only had two keys. After reading the manual the plastic key holder sits on the right hand side of the glovebox. To my surprise I found my key holder with the plastic key inserted into the holder. So technically someone could have broken in opened the glove box and started the car.

Ok thanks will have a look in the glovebox. If not going to get the key deleted audi quoted me £30 to recode keys so probably do without plastic one if I can't find it

So technically someone could have broken in opened the glove box and started the car.

My key was in there when a druggie broke in an rummaged through my glove box. Luckily he didnt get the key or my Ipod. All I can say is that the plastic key storage is not one of Audis best ideas (unless they start supplying bullet proof glass as standard).