Plasti dip

Byers

Reaction score
Last night I took off and sprayed the chrome surround on my grill,
i gave it about four coats then left it to dry until this afternoon when I fit it back to the car. Itlooks perfect but I noticed before it looks like it is loose in the corner and im afraid it may just all peel off .Anyone had this happen? What can I do.
Thanks Dean

I've had it happen a couple of times.
You can do what Burbank said or you can get some thinners (I recommend Xylene), put a little bit on the top of your finger and rub it over the effect area gently.
This will cause the dip to go to a sort of a jelly/liquid mix and stick down again.
The only down side if that you can cause the dip to thin to much and the texture when dry can end up different to the rest of the grill.

scottB5 is the plastic dip king some say he even done his cat he even has a special gimp suit in which he works in !

Reactions: ScottD3
Thanks for the advice. I stripped the corner and reaplyed. Really happy with the over all results. I'm thinking front spoilernext week and tinted headlights and fogs. Maybe a slightly stealth look

was it easy to apply mate, thinking of doing my wheels with it, also where did you buy it from? was it a good price?

More people with the plasti dip fever lol

Bet it won't be log before your plasti dipping random every items lol

I got it from plasti dip website. Was really easy to do. I would say the main thing is cleaning the item and spraying it somewhere that isn't too cold. I'm afraid the grill will be the only thing ill be plasti dipping haha
Dean