1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasti dip / wrap DVLA notifications

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by everard90, Sep 23, 2013.

1. everard90

everard90 Member

[Sep 23, 2013]
    hi mixed advice on plasti dip if car is silver and go any colour other than silver lots of people saying its not permanent so no need to tell the anyone else spoke/ e-mail DVLA about this ?

I have sent an e-mail to them and received this back

Dear Mr Everard

Thank you for your email received on 21/9/13. Your email reference number is 1523469.

The register maintained by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register is accurate and up to date.

DVLA records details given by vehicle manufacturers at first registration. Any changes to the vehicles details must be notified to DVLA by law.

By covering the entire vehicle in a coloured adhesive/vinyl wrap, it is DVLA’s view that the colour change should be recorded. To notify a change of colour you should complete section 7 of the registration certificate V5C and return it to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. You should receive a replacement certificate within two to four weeks.

Regards

A Williams
    Customer Enquiries Group
    DVLA

Find out about DVLA's online services at:
    www.gov.uk/browse/driving

anyone been told any different ?

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 23, 2013]
    This is the grey area, I have highlighted it in the quote above. Wraps and plastidip colour changes don't cover the WHOLE car usually, just the bits of panel on show, so the original car colour still exists! This is how I'm interpreting it anyways, not that I condone any form of law breaking at all, oh no! :busted_cop: