Plasma TV has lost its red

Kaibo

Reaction score
My Plasma tv has lost its red, ages ago when I was using a standard monitor connection, d sub, it lost it's red, I just put it down to the lead as all other sources were fine, changed the PC to DVi and forgot all about it. Well now all sources and even in menu mode has now lost its red, any body know where to look as a possible cause of this, I'm guessing I'm now looking at a new TV which I need like a third armpit.

Cheers Kai

If it's definitely doing it from all sources and you haven't got picture being fed through an AV amp (via HMDI or similar) and can be 100% sure that it is the TV, then you've likely got a problem with the YSUS (or ZSUS) module, which in may TVs is relatively easy to swap your yourself (no soldering required).

Yeah it's on all sources, I did have a dry solder somewhere as had a power issue a while back, maybe or hopefully it's something like that, thanks for the info, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Kai

Yeah it's on all sources, I did have a dry solder somewhere as had a power issue a while back, maybe or hopefully it's something like that, thanks for the info, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Kai