Pish!!!

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Just got in the mota, turned the key, engine winds over but doesn't catch. Audi assust have gone gome so some RAC monkey is on the way round....in 2 hours.

Tempted to tell him to forget it and wait for Audi in the morning.

booooooo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just got in the mota, turned the key, engine winds over but doesn't catch. Audi assust have gone gome so some RAC monkey is on the way round....in 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, sorry to hear and hope you get it sorted soon.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm who was the audi assist guy as the one local to me is spot on and would never let the RAC come out...

J.

let us know how you get on Eeef,it'll be interesting to know what it is,

although it shouldnt be playing up already

Apparently Audi addist only cover until 7pm, then it switches to RAC.

In fairness to them the 2hrs was only 30 minutes in the end, oh and when he got there it started almost first time.

Apparently i've got an air leak in the fuel system.

I hadn't used the car for four days (just had my eyes lasered) and the fuel drains back to the tank. So although i'd wound it over a fair bit, it wasn't quite enough.
(
Booking it in tomorrow.

off topic!!

lasered or lasiked?

both at same time?

results?

I am tempted but a bit of a chicken too!

LASEK, both eyes at once, not painful, but not pleasant either. Results are too early to say,everything is reet blurry at the moment. Can only see clearly if I squint.

Would defo go LASIK if had my time again as you can see after 4 hours!! (as opposed to the under-water vision I have at day 5 so far)

LASEK is alledgedly fractionally safer/less prone to infection but I think it's sucj a small %age it's not an issue.

PM me if you want any info (I also get £200 if I refer you so don't be shy ;-))

Consultation is completley free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and no commitment so it's worth doing.

Hi, wife just had new Wavefront at ULTRALASE and had 20/20 vision after 5 minutes....after 2 months she still sits and comments how well she can see.
3k for both eyes at once but 18months interest free credit....worth a look

Wavefront is just the targetting system, it would still have been LASEK or LASIK, and i'd bet my ****** that it was LASIK.with that sort of recovery time.

I'd be interested to know why Ultralase recommended Wavefront though. Was she particularly short sighted?

Wavefront Lasik/Lasek with Optical Express (who I went to) is only £2k, although I had just plain old LASEK for £1200. IFC available if you want it.

Defo recommend LASIK over LASEK though for it's much faster recovery time.

As before, anyone want any more info, or a patients point of view, PM me.

She had ULTRALASIK+. Only downside was for a couple of weeks she had to wear funny eye shields in bed!!!!!!! but it has been worth every penny. They didnt recommend it I just paid for the top one...If there is one thing you shouldn't scrimp on its your eyes (or your car).

errrrr so the car is oK

same old, dont leave it for more than 2 days ! problem, had the same with my WR1, at least your brakes didnt seize up on you ! LOL !

[ QUOTE ]
nah,meeds to go in to Audi to find out where the leak is. You should be able to leave a £25k car more than 4 days and expect it to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. I have to leave mine stood for a week pretty often when i'm away and it starts every time when getting back. Hot starting is the only wee glitch I have.

Leave the wifes fiesta for 2 days after washing it and seriously it nearly ripped the rear end off trying to free the hanbrake, with it totally off. Then spend next 5 miles trying to get rid of the grinding noise everytime the brakes are applied. It's truely awful.