Pirelli P6000 tyres

jiffi77

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted Pirelli P6000 tyres to there 1.8T Sport(205 - 55 - 16), if so what did they think of them ?
If not what tyres does everyone else use on there 1.8T Sport ?

There are a few threads on tires already, try a search loads of tire suggestions!

I have P6000 on my S3 and they are great, done nearly 23,000 miles on them at the moment of heavy driving and they are holding up to the strain.

Good look with the list of choices!

Enjoy:think:

I run Pzero's on mine, but all my other cars had p6000, good wearing and performing tyre
Had P6000 on the back of my Elise and they only lasted 2000miles opps

I recommend Pirelli all the time to people and no one has come back to me saying any different

I had P6000's on my A4 and they were good in the dry but terrible in the wet. Scary and dangerous driving in the wet as no grip whatsoever.
Changed them as soon as I could.

I'm not a fan. There wasn't that much grip in the wet and they were quite pricey to buy.

these are my fav tyres atm , very stiff, fitted them to my commuter which is usually quite sloppy, it will now hold corners at better speeds, in the wet yes they are not so great, they are a summer tyre really.

Although I have an 8P model, I had them fitted to my 17" Stars and didn't like them - much more noisy than the Potenzas fitted before. Now have Goodyear GS D3s which are fab; grippy, unrivalled in the wet and a great deal quieter.

dunlop sport sp9000 all round very impressed.

I have p6000 at the moment. I seem to have had a good life out of them and i dont tend to hang around with my driving.

As others have said i can't say as i have ever had issues with them in the dry. It is the wet weather driving that really lets them down, i know the tdi has a lot of torque but they just seem to let go on certain roads. Just putting your foot down in second will get the ESP flashing, you could argue that you shouldn't give it the boot in the wet anyway i suppose. but when you live in england....

From what others have recommended there is no doubt in my mind that when i change these tyres ( 2weeks or so ) i will def. be going for Eagle GSD3's. Besides the tread pattern on those looks the dogs.

I think the question to ask to people who have had these tyre is did you buy a second set ? I wont be bothering.

Just my opinion.

try wwww.mytyres.co.uk. a GSD3225/40/18 for example is £96.50 for example (if i remember rightly)

Been around ages the P6000 nowt wrong with that but probably more up to date rubber out there

jiffi77 said:
Has anyone fitted Pirelli P6000 tyres to there 1.8T Sport(205 - 55 - 16), if so what did they think of them ?
If not what tyres does everyone else use on there 1.8T Sport ?

My brother did a short stint at Pirelli's when he moved to Carlisle a few years ago and they couldn't even give away P6000's to their employees.

I have them on the front of mine at the moment (not through choice) and Pzero's on the back (which were on the front) and there's no comparison IMO, P6000's are absolute pony!

i have them, not great wear out of them for the money. they are also prone to bubbles in the side wall from the slightest pothole damage.
They are not cheap and are not usually as available at a discount as other brands. unlikley to buy them again.

had GSD3 F1's on another Audi, liked them more in the dry and wet, but in cold and ice they don't do well though. much stickier rubber. top stuf on dry roads

Been using the SP9000 on the 16" wheels for the past 35000 miles and yesterday I ordered a new set for my new 18" wheels. Excellent grip in both dry and wet conditions. They are also very quiet, at least as 205/55/16.
I didn't even manage to wear them out....
On the other hand they need some time to reach the right temperature.

I certainly reckon the Dunlop SP Sport 9000

This is the first thread I have EVER seen people praise the P6000 and say it has good grip.

I threw mine away with 5-6mm on (as the car came to me) I hate them so much.

Slightly confused! Thought i had P6000, but on further inspection this morning I realised i don't! Opps :faint:

I am running Pirelli Pzero's Rosso and they are great! On form as always! lol

I had 2 new ones fitted to my Bora and once it was chipped I found them rubbish in the wet, really anoyying!

Ended up getting a bit of wire in one so then bought 2 new Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3 which are amazing in wet and dry, really happy with them!

I did have Pirelli P Zero Rossos when I had 18's on my Golf and they were amazing too, but theirs quite a difference in price with these the P6000's!

I had the SP9000 on the car when I bought it and now I have GSD3, I much prefer the goodyear.