1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipes and hoses for k04. (Urgent help req'd)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by chrisa4quat, Dec 17, 2012.

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

As above really people. I have most parts for upgrading my k03 on my dtm to a k04. Except all pipe work hoses etc. I'm not going fmic yet. Was hoping to prepare and fit it all in one day as I use the car daily to commute to work. Can anyone assist me in this? Anyone running standard intercoolers? Urgent help needed please!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spider74

spider74 Member

Hi, you need to look at my build in the K04 progress thread started by Solaris i'll find the link.

4. spider74

spider74 Member

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/126494-k04-hybrid-progress.html

jump to my build, you only eed a few things. S3 diverter valve flange, a couple of hoses and one custom one.

I will help you as much as i can, plus Bez, Solaris etc have all done this with great success. mine made 337bhp and 477nm with stock intercoolers and a stock K04. Solaris got about 375ps (iirc) with a hybrid turbo and FMIC but until he does some internal work he was limited to the same torque as me which is the max our engines can safely and reliably run (for now)

I'd say keep the stock intake too as the cone ones often suck in a load of hot air (as they are on the same side as the turbo and exhaust on our cars engine) and can make the FMIC almost pointless. but its all in the personal preference.

With experience i would say set aside a day to do the Cold side i.e. injectors, HPFP, and possibly even the Diverter reroute using a block off on the K03 so you can then have another day to do the Turbo and Cat pipe fabrication.

The car will drive on the standard map with the mods (carefully) which gives you a chance to test for boost leaks etc.

5. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

Thank you spider. Ill have a good look tomorrow. Some good gains there. They will do nicely for now :).

6. spider74

spider74 Member

No problem. If I get time at the weekend ill take my one custom pipe off and measure and photograph it in detail. I fancy painting it anyway and the cars not been in bits for ages lol

7. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

That's awesome. I'm going in tomorrow to start it. Then can stay in my garage til after new year

8. spider74

spider74 Member