1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipe werx exhaust

Yicker Sep 13, 2012

1. Yicker

Yicker Member

Hi all ;)

Been looking into getting a cat-back exhaust but not sure on what size exhaust. Emailed Jeff at pipe werx,told him i didn't want anything too noisy/droning but wanted to notice the difference when when accelerating.
    He suggested a 2.5" with standard look twin exit back box for £375 all in fitted. Has anyone here had this size fitted and did they notice much noise difference or do i need a down pipe/de-cat aswell?

Cheers,Tony

2. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

Well mate the Downpipe make a lot of difference as well as the mani relentless are doin them cheaper than the pipe werz one by 100 look at my pics on the feed above pal there a lot better now.

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Year/model of the car in question?

<tuffty/>

4. Yicker

Yicker Member

Will have a nosey s3gazz.

The car is a 2001 s3 amk

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Std system is 2.5"... Miltek is 2.75" iirc... downpipe makes more of a difference to the engine than a cat back... helps bring EGTs down making the engine a happier place and the ECU won't be fighting the heat so much meaning you will have your power for longer... aftermarket downpipes are typically 3" and reduce down to 2.5"

<tuffty/>

6. Yicker

Yicker Member

7. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

I pal your car is the same as mine And if u look up relentless on eBay they do them with gaskets and take four days to come same tho

8. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

Tony you could get the same set up as mine (but twin tips), it was really quiet on the motorway inside the car but sounded meaty outside on boost ;)

[​IMG]

9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

What did that cost you Sandip?

s3clarke likes this.
  10. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

yes how much was that? looks nice!

11. sambryant

sambryant stage 2+ mk2 seat leon cupra

12. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

ye how much sandip looks great id have the silencer took out tho ha

13. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

I've been tempted to take the middle box out myself too but currently my car is quite loud outside but quiet inside and i think the middle box is helping to keep the booming away in the cabin

I had the system put on ages ago so i've forgot the price, it was when Ian Birch was at Pipewerx, from memory though i think it was around £350-£400.

14. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

Oo Sandip that's tempting mate I like better than the milltek and cheaper too just don't no if the sound is better I like it loud my self and the milltek ain't really without a silencer so if yours is loud and has a silencer then god it will sound good on full boost emmm might sell will car of road. Can u get same one delivers pal as I no how to fit em thanks

15. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

Changed my mind I'm getting a pipe Werz £450 including fitting for full 3" o yes oval tip nice sandip u got a vid of yours pal ​