Pipe snapped - help !

Cabbyfan

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2.4 V6 petrol (BDV), replaced the rocker cover gaskets today, while I was doing the right side (looking into the engine bay) I snagged a very thin black plastic pipe running almost down the centre of the engine (top rear) which disappeared down to the underside of the engine.

It was / is very brittle so it literally just snapped. There was a hiss when I did it so I am pretty sure its a vacuum pipe on the secondary air side but I cant work out where it connects to underneath !

Can any one assist ?

Cheers.

Join it with a rubber vacuum hose like a sleve.

That's what's I was gonna say bit of silicone pipe and a 2 jubilee clips

Thanks guys but its way too brittle and way to small to clamp. Its overall diameter is about 4 or 5 mm I would say, hard shiny plastic.

If it a vac hose no need to clamp it with clips.

Ideally I need to buy a length a replace it cos it will just keep snapping.

Hi, I have measured the pipe, its 4mm ID with 2mm internal bore, it has PA6H and FRJ written on it and its not at all flexible its more like a shiny nylon or plastic.
I would guess a more modern silicon replacement would be better, just thinking of temperature though as it runs right across the top of the engine.

Any thoughts ?

I had another look today and I found out where it goes. It is the length that connects to a vacuum reservoir located inside the front wing. Luckily it is in sections so all I need to do it connect on the new section. I found some nylon pipe the right size from a local pneumatic company, 48p a metre :)

Nylon will Melt with heat .. If you can't get silicone pipe get some vacuum pipe