1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipe Fittings for a 710N valve.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AndymacA4, Jan 2, 2009.

1. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

[Jan 2, 2009]
    While I was under my car today unsuccessfully wrestling with the brakes, I thought I'd replace my 710N with a new one I bought a while ago. The bottom connector has been off before as it is now a worm drive jubilee clip, the other two are factory. It has the smallest pipe retainer I have ever seen. It is a small steel clip which covers the vacuum pipe connector. Now, does the vacuum pipe need a clip to retain it? And if so, what do those of you who have replaced it use?

Many Thanks

Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Jan 2, 2009]
    Ive seen some with some without but I just put a Cable tie around mine, bit fiddly but a "not too tight " precaution!!!

Dont think it'll hurt not putting one one anyway as its the other 2 pipes you need to make sure are tight..
  4. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Jan 2, 2009]
    aye good call j7uss, a tie wrap would be perfect and the vac pipes will pull them selves on if snug enough at the end.
  5. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

[Jan 2, 2009]
    Lovely job, thanks:thumbsup: