1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Sat Nav & DIS

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by johnnywb, Oct 13, 2006.

1. johnnywb

johnnywb Member

[Oct 13, 2006]
    Does anyone know if you can get an adapter to make Pioneer Sat Nav units show up on the DIS?

I'm looking at scrapping my Sat Nav Plus that i ahve on order and getting the Pioneer AVIC HD1BT. This is pretty new, so hard to get info on, but i was wondering if any previous Pioneer systems have been made to work with the DIS?

I'd be looking for;
    Radio / CD / ipod info to be on DIS
    and
    Sat Nav directions.

Any help much appreciated!

Also, is sat nav plus 3d or 2d?
  2. downie

downie New Member

[Oct 14, 2006]
    I used to have the Avic X1R in my 307cc. It looks like a great system but it isn't. I got rid of mine. The sound is ok but you can see the quality of it by looking at the facia. The little knob att the right hand side is the cheapest flimsiest **** ever. This link will give you more info on them.

www.avicx1forums.com/forum/index.php

They sound ok but are slow and the map functions are really poor with no POI's of any use and the option to only store 200 of your own. You cant get speed camera info and the TMC is useless.

Make your own mind up but I would save the money and buy tomtom anyday, in fact i did.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 14, 2006]
    And no, there are no adapters for DIS integration as far as I'm aware. Blaupunkt do an adapter for their HU's but don't think there are many others.