1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pillar gauge

WillJP Oct 27, 2012

1. WillJP

WillJP Member

Right,

I can't find anything! either that or i have had wayy too many corona's and i can't use google properly! ha!

I want a boost gauge mounted on the pillar but can't find one for an a3 8l anywhere!

I'm not really a fan of the vent especially being £40+ I mean really??

Any idea where i can get one? or any better ideas where i can 'mount' a boost gauge?

Thanks! :scared2:

2. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

just search for a 52mm guage pod and custom fit it to the pillar.. just check the dimensions of the pillars curved width against the pod

3. Jimgrim77

Jimgrim77 Member

eBay for the mount.

Loads of places for the gauge.

4. Sidey

Sidey Active Member

Getting a gauge pod that is made for the 8L shape will be near impossible, Best is to buy a universal one and custom it.

This is what I did last week for my 8L S3.

The universal pillar pod really is a piece of s**t and does not line up with anything.
    [​IMG]

So thought id trim it down as much as I could and then id fibreglass it to the shape of the pillar trimming.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got carried away with the trimming a bit and was left only with the cup piece.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used some tape to hold it in position to get the right angle and temp fitted it to the car.
    [​IMG]

Got some brackets and epoxy from builders to fasten it to the pillar.
    [​IMG]

Found some fabric at chamdor to match the rooflining. Made the holes for the screws and the wiring.
    [​IMG]

After lots of pulling and swearing and sticking and and and....we have this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And all done and fitted
    [​IMG]

Best pic I could get at night time
    [​IMG]

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Nice work... there are a couple of other guides in the stickies too...

<tuffty/>

6. dancupra225

dancupra225 Active Member

couldnt you cut hold in the pillar bit then put the holder through the hole?? then cover it

7. dancupra225

??

8. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

as above, simple answer is to make your own. I did many many moons ago, so long infact I don't even know where the pictures are!

9. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

10. dancupra225

Whats the best pod to get eBay and the s3 pillar is a funny shape compared to mk4 golf

11. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

guys tend to use a stack boost gauge.. as for the pod just look for 52mm pods.. that will match up tot he pillar and custom fit it..

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter