1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PICTURES AS PROMISED!!! the additional mods to my S3 look!!!!!!:)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TII JYY, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Ads

Ads License to drive

I wouldn't say it's a radical change at all. What are we talking about.... a couple of bumpers, a spoiler, some skirts.

How many people (including a lot of audi owners) would see an A3 with an S3 bodykit with no S3 badges and think it's an S3??? Not many, I would think.
    I reckon most would only think... "that's a nice looking A3". Pretty much the same as they think when they see a real S3.

I bet most people out there couldn't even identify an S3, S-line, etc just by the bodykit.
    I know that before joining this site I couldn't. Sometimes it's still not obvious.
  2. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

3. Ads

Ads License to drive

Ok ok... sticking an R8 bodykit on that 1.9tdi was a step too far! Looks pretty genuine though.:lmfao:
  4. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

i didnt really get that video... it was an e63 vs an r8... quite fairish if you ask me... i always thought a sleeper was like a 318 with an m3 engine??? or a a4 1.9tdi with a rs4 engine???

as far as i can see its a fully badged e63????
  5. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

Come on its still a 2 ton estate, only has a 6.3 badge to tell it apart.
  6. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

hmm i guess im just tooo much of a car geek.. i can tell an AMG from a mile away... huge brakes, quad exhausts, bodykit (although a lot of them spec amg kit to thier diesels)

i guess your kinda right :ermm:
  7. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I own an S3 and would struggle to tell a look-a-like apart from a proper one.
    So adding a kit, wheels etc.. are certainly radical enough changes to fool me.

Whether the intention is to make it a look-a-like or not, thats what it will be.
    But maybe thats partly the point?

I piped up because, I just dont like it the copy cat look, yet at the same time still apreciate the effort that goes in.
    Styling is very subjective of course and thats just my personal taste.

Hence I wont be sticking RS3 bits on my S3 when the RS3 is released later this year.
    I dont want it to look like an RS3. Because it isnt one.

Cheers
    Paul
  8. PregnantNproud

PregnantNproud Gears of War

i hear ya paul and i fully agree with you. With me for example, my intention was to make an a3 look as good as it could. IMO that meant an s3 kit. So yea i ended up with a lookalike. And the only time people will kno for sure that its not an s3 is when they ask me. I removed all the s3 badges, and i guess thats the end of that chapter! I'd always prefer the real thing, mind
  9. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

I also kind of agree but I like the S3 look but also love my V6 and at the end of the day mines similar to the standard S3 anyway. Its all personal choice and what people can afford, not just the buying but running costs too.