pics of your lowered audi a4 plz

stevie_g

Reaction score
as above dont no what i wanna do yet.

if you could post a pic/link to a photo of your car and let me no what set up you have.

am looking at 19" wheels and wanna lower the car
dont no if to go for coileovers or els 60mm lowering springs. as i want the wheel to sit just on the arsh

if i go for the springs will i have to change the shocks.

thanx..

hey mate, i got 19s at the moment, lowered on 45mm springs and it sits just above the wheel arch...

here is a picture:

24012009471.jpg

oh n i have an SE n the SE shocks r rubbish lowered so i got wietec shocks as well...

hey mate, i got 19s at the moment, lowered on 45mm springs and it sits just above the wheel arch...

here is a picture:

24012009471.jpg

looks lovely didnt no 45m droped it that low. thats why i said i wanted 60m think 60m would be to low if thats how low 45m is.. :thumbsup:

it will depend on the spring manufacturer as to how low the 40mm actually gives you.

MrJeetah should post up exactly which type of springs he's using for completeness.

I rate the Eibach Pro-Kit for good quality springs with just the right amount of lowering, dont have a pic of a B6 with them on though, this is my bros B5 S4 with them fitted:
http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=48

Remember that if you go too low your car will handle like ****. You will run out of suspension travel on a regular basis, and the worst thing you want to happen when your mid corner is a slight undulation in the road causes the suspension to hit the bumpstops. The massive change in spring rate causes weight transfer to go a bit haywire, and the end result is the car planted in a hedge.

Having the tyre tucked up in the arch might look good, but thats about all, and personally i think both cars pictured are verging on too low, or certainly right on the limit of starting to have issues.

sorry mate, i've used weitec springs and dampers. 45mm. i have to agree with aragorn, if i knew it was goibng to be this low, i wouldnt have done it, it does create more problems, i wud now go around 35mm, when i get the chance, i will look into different springs and get them changed.

i'm not saying there is a problem with it, i'm saying there MIGHT be a problem with it.

Its right on the edge of the point you'd start getting issues. If the springs were pretty soft and the car was on OE dampers with it that low, you might start bouncing off the bumpstops when driving, and almost certainly would if you hit a pothole or drain cover mid corner.

If the springs were sufficiently uprated and the shocks in good condition you may well be fine.

Its just that people seem to think that rock hard and low = Good handling, because thats what most race cars run, and it doesnt. A car thats rock hard will not react to bumps very well as the suspension are is so hard that the spring cant push the tyre back down onto the road after hitting a bump, therefore losing grip. Similarly if you hit the bump stops because your car has no travel left.

Its all a balance, and i find that the Eibach kit coupled with some good dampers (say bilstein B6) will provide a nice handling ROAD car, thats still actually comfortable, for a very reasonable price.

MrJeehta, when you say problems, what problems are caused, any arch chaffage??

MrJeehta, when you say problems, what problems are caused, any arch chaffage??

yeah there is a bit of arch chaffing. i cant really seat people in the back as the tyres then rub. ill be going for coilovers when i finish uni n get a job! hopefully in june/july :)

if you havent lowered your car yet, dont go as low as 45mm in my opinion, id go 35-40mm maximum.

B7 I know but hey! Lowered on KW V3's with 19" Wheels:

IMG_9674800x600.jpg

IMG_9688800x600.jpg

IMG_9683800x600.jpg

Hi mate, old thread i know, but I'm after an identical look for my silver B7 Avant sline. can you tell me what wheels you have on this. How much were the KW V3s?

Thanks.