1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pics of my quad exhaust

electricracer Nov 22, 2008

1. electricracer

electricracer Member

at last here are the pictures of my quad exhaust system, there was quite a bit of interest in how it was done so today while it was on the ramp i took a couple of quick snaps, hopefully you can see how its done. basically its just a y piece from the original system

the original system was made by APR then the previous owner had the back box replaced with this , i actually spoke to him today and he says it was made by a company that awesome deal with. if anybody is interested then contact awesome and mention the imola avant with the go faster stripes they will remember it evidently a lot of work was done by them.
    you can see there is only one box at the back on the lefthand side, i dont think its a silencer as when its running they sound the same also it sounds amazing very deep and sporty, i have seen several on youtube and mine is definately quieter. in fact at just above 70 it goes silent and its not too boomy or tiring on a run
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Siena

Siena Active Member

Nice shots there, I'll be doing the same to Outlaw.

But just large oval per side, RS6-style.

3. Adam-D

Adam-D Member

wont one pipe be louder than the other?

4. electricracer

electricracer Member

you would think so but other box seems to be straight through. and it seems to work everybody whos heard it likes it

5. Siena

Siena Active Member

Yes, one side (the right) will be slightly louder.

But I doubt you'd pick it up just by listening.

6. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Must hang reasonable low, any pics from further back?

7. electricracer

electricracer Member

yes it is quite low but its almost on the axle line so it will never bottom out. only if you hit something

8. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

seems a bit pointless to even have that silencer there to me...

I presume you still have the cats installed?

If so thats why its quiet. turbos do a lot of silencing anyway, and the cats will finish it off. You could cut the exhaust off at the back of the cats and it would be pretty silent on a stock S4

9. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

I saw this when I was at Unit20 the other day. Only heard it at idle, but did sound good.

10. Z82

Z82 Member

Hmm looks a fairly straight forward job, this may be on the cards for my next B5 (pics saved for future referance ;) )